Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Liam

Doom 3 multiplayer idea...

What if there was another kind of multiplayer in doom 3, "counter-operative". If you don't recognize it, "counter-operative" is a multiplayer type from the Nintendo 64 game "Perfect Dark"(A very cool game, btw). Basically, in Perfect Dark counter operative, one player would play the agent, and try to complete a single player mission, while another player would control a guard playing to stop the other player from completing said mission. If the guard being controlled was killed, then player 2 would jump to another guard. It would be even more fun in Doom, where there is more than one or two kinds of real enemies to control, and support of who-knows how many players per game.

Tell me what you think.

Umm, that's called Assault in UT.
Even if it won't be a part of the game itself, someone will definitely make a mod for it.

Good idea.

I also liked PD. A few flaws in it, but overall a wonderful game. Too bad there aren't ROM flashes (read: patches) available for console games.

Only thing I didn't like about the counter-op, was the fact that the person playing the badguy had a quite noticeable disadvantage.

If the person playing as Joanna is an expierenced single player, well the counter-op person, no matter how expierenced, will usually get his/her ass beat. I've been on both ends of this before.

Good idea.

I also liked PD. A few flaws in it, but overall a wonderful game. Too bad there aren't ROM flashes (read: patches) available for console games.

Only thing I didn't like about the counter-op, was the fact that the person playing the badguy had a quite noticeable disadvantage.

If the person playing as Joanna is an expierenced single player, well the counter-op person, no matter how expierenced, will usually get his/her ass beat. I've been on both ends of this before.

Ha. Me and two friends are regular perfect dark players (I'm the only one with the game, everybody else just comes over), and I ALWAYS win in counter-operative whether I'm Joanna or a guard.

That game mode sounds interesting! But is it the same as UT´s Assault? Assault is dominated by the countdown, it´s not the same like a single player mission. -What happens when the intruder is killed? If the guard is killed he will take over the mind of another guard, but the intruder? And does the guard has a limited weapon arsenal like SP monsters? Could be cool if you would play several monsters as a guard.