Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Genki

GZdoom placing things/textures

I started using GZdoom builder recently ( heard good things about it), the only issue i found is when i try to replace things, and when i do that the things-list window pops up every time, is there a way to disable this?
And to add the texture, i have to open the list, click on the inage of the texture and then to see the list, isn't there a way to choose the texture like doombuilder just click and choose?
Thanx in advence

How do you want to change thing type without the thing list popping up? Or did you mean "move" when you said "replace"?

And how do you want to select textures if not by clicking them in a list? Well, you can just type the exact texture name in the field for texture name below the preview - but you can do this in Doom Builder too.

If you want to change some default behaviours, try looking in "Tools -> Preferences".

scifista42 said:

How do you want to change thing type without the thing list popping up? Or did you mean "move" when you said "replace"?

And how do you want to select textures if not by clicking them in a list? Well, you can just type the exact texture name in the field for texture name below the preview - but you can do this in Doom Builder too.

If you want to change some default behaviours, try looking in "Tools -> Preferences".

I click on the list on shotgun, then "OK" i choose a spot where i want to put it, and when i click on the right button of the mouse, the shotgun is placed and the list windows appears at the same time.

the same goes here with txtr, in "3d mode" in doombuilder 1 you click on wall and the textures list appears, you just select another textr and you're good to go, but here GZDB even in "3d mode" if you click on wall it takes you all the way to propriety table, you click on the texture then you select it then click again to close, what I'm trying to say that it takes some time to do little.
I guess that's because I'm not used to work with it too much...anyway thank you.

If you wish to create things without the thing list popping up, you can use copy & paste.

Actually, you can do the same with textures. You can bind copy & paste buttons in 3D mode.

By the way, GZDoom Builder behaves like Doom Builder 2 in both issues you have.