Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
geo

Which comic book hero do you want defending your city?

Let's say the police in your town are on strike or budget cuts have made them inept. Pick one comic book hero that will suddenly jump into the real world with all of their powers or non powers. This comic book hero will defend your city.

Go on pick one and tell us why. What are the pros and cons in the real world where people can die and need to pay property damage?

Sandman, because he's basically invincible (can regenerate all gunshot "wounds" because he's well... made of sand.) He can also morph into any size or shape and his only weakness is water which street bandits are unlikely to possess in large amount. So unless there's some firefighter mafia running rampant he's got my vote.

RUSH said:

his only weakness is water which street bandits are unlikely to possess in large amount. So unless there's some firefighter mafia running rampant he's got my vote.

Sure, not a lot of people carry water-based weapons, but wouldn't they quickly arm themselves in that way in response?

Clonehunter said:

Captain Underpants

Heh, I remember reading that in elementary school, the principal got really pissed when she saw me reading it and said it was "just like Beavis and Butthead". She called my mom in, at which point she clarified to the principal that it was in the school's library and that it's completely clean (though juvenile) humor.

Man, that principal was a nut. IIRC she only lasted a year before getting replaced, I get the feeling few people were too pleased with how she ran things. Still, I thought that incident was kinda funny.

If Charles Bukowski was a comic book hero, I'd want him to defend my city. I can settle for Wesley Willis too, as he regularly beats all superheroes, at least in his songs...right?

Clonehunter said:

Captain Underpants

Nothing more of worth can be added to this discussion, as this is the perfect answer.

This thread might as well be closed, for all I care.

Sodaholic said:

Sure, not a lot of people carry water-based weapons, but wouldn't they quickly arm themselves in that way in response?

Well, erm... shit, you got me there. Captain Underpants it is then.

Batman except instead of spending all his money on bat shaped gadgets to beat petty criminals and the mentally ill he instead spends his money on not-for-profit mental health services, (secular) Drug rehabilitation programs, Junior sports and arts projects and scholarships and consults with law enforcement, social workers, economists, sociologists, and any other expert being useful in repairing a damaged society.

Captain Red said:

Batman except instead of spending all his money on bat shaped gadgets to beat petty criminals and the mentally ill he instead spends his money on not-for-profit mental health services, (secular) Drug rehabilitation programs, Junior sports and arts projects and scholarships and consults with law enforcement, social workers, economists, sociologists, and any other expert being useful in repairing a damaged society.

Sounds like Adrian Veidt. Does your insurance cover a lot of cancer screenings? No reason.

Is there a scantily-clad superheroine that fights bankers and tax fraud?

Batman, because plot armour and prep time means nothing would ever go wrong for more than a few moments. No supervillains either, making for a much easier time than Gotham's unusually high proportion of mutants, masterminds and madmen.

Specifically the Michael Keaton type of Batman, who wastes dangerous criminals without blinking if need be.