Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Purp

Personal Doomer Stats

Apart from the frag stats pages that some servers have, is there any way of recording your stats, eg. by installing a ZDaemon mod that records your personal frags?

I sometimes use the zdoom/csdoom/zdaemon console command logfile for saving all console output to a textfile. However, I don't know what logfile analyzer software to recommend. If you know some programming basics, I guess you easily could develop such a tool yourself.

Anyway, the syntax of the logfile command is:

logfile [log file]
(command)
If [log file] is not specified, will stop console logging (if active). Otherwise, all file named [log file] will be created on disk, and all console output will be recorded in it as well as on the screen.

N.C.

nc_ds said:

However, I don't know what logfile analyzer software to recommend. If you know some programming basics, I guess you easily could develop such a tool yourself.

That's exactly what I intend to do. The reason I asked was to see if any logfile analysers or csDoom/ZDaemon mods for recording stats already existed. If they do then there's not much point in me bothering. However, I was planning on adding other features like slang translation (for example: you say or someone says to you "wot da fuck r u doin?" and it'll automatically be translated, when incoming or outgoing, to "What the fuck are you doing?") and I was going to make it tell you how long you've played on csDoom in total, how long you've played on a certain ZDaemon server, how many times you've killed a certain person or been killed by a certain person, etc.

If anyone thinks this program sounds like a good idea, please tell me. Also, please tell me if you know of a program the already has all of these features. Thanks.

About A year ago, Dashiva wrote a logfile anaylzer in C.. my version of his program got corupted though.. so i ended up writing my own logfile parser in java around last december.

I never really finished it though(just enough to do basic stats into a few panels). I had too many class projects going on at the time..

Yeah, cool. I only have 3 more exams (one's in an hour) and then I won't be at school for another couple of months, so I'll have loads of time to do programming (but I'll probably end up just playing games instead). Does anyone know where I can get a free copy of the proper C++ builder or a descent Java builder (legally), because the only ones I know of are a few hundred quid and I only get £60 a month, lol? At the moment, the only Windows programming language I use and have a builder for (I mean for writing proper programs, so obviously not including simple things like mIRC script and HTML) is Visual Basic (don't laugh, if I had C++, I wouldn't use VB), so please help.

Oh, thanks Erik. If a few more people say that then I'll start writing it soon, even if I do only have VB. That is, providing I understand the messages sent between csDoom and ZDaemon clients and servers (I haven't even looked at it yet, I just hope it's as simple as IRC client-server communications).

This teddy is too lazy to program let me know when youve created the next half life installment matt. And someone bring back VR headsets for gawds sake, why did they die? Magic carpet was cool in VR. Imagine half life in a VR headset. It would be even more awesome. Peering over ledges and actually looking into a massive drop... or peeping round a corner to pop off a thick soldier.

Sorry for this pointless post.

God, Fluffy, quit trying to increase your post count :)

Yeah, I wish I had a VR headset - that'd be amazing in Half-Life and Doom. I'd love to play Doom online with one.

lol the VR headset of course! They were awesome. I cant believe they didnt catch on. Does anyone know if you can buy VR headsets anywhere or something and is it possible to program for them for a game?

Oh yeh and the stats thing is cool too.

MaTT [TiK] said:
Which idea? Personal Doomer Stats or the VR headset?

Actually, I was talking about the personal doomer stats, I hope you make it!

Doom II Guy said:

Actually, I was talking about the personal doomer stats, I hope you make it!

Cool, thanks, I think I will.

I don't mind if I make it and no-one downloads it anyway, because it'll be worth making just to get me back into programming. I've been programming since I was about 5 years old (really. I just about knew how to make my old Pioneer MSX say "My brother is gay!" on the screen, over and over again, thanks to my dad. He didn't tell me what tell it to say, just how to do it), but I haven't done any for about a year and a half, because I stopped just sitting at my computer all day when I started going out with Dean's sister, because I was always up her house or she was down here, on my computer. Now I just want to get back into it. LOL, to start me off getting back into the habit of typing commands instead of using a GUI, I've started using an MS-DOS shell as my interface on Win 98. I still have the taskbar and three desktop icons at the bottom of the screen but I hardly use them. Am I strange?

hey you cant get any stranger than the fluffster.

Bow down and worship the fluffster and i will give you vast quantities of honey. Well dpeneds how much i got in reserve.

That's true :)
Heh, just kidding.

By the way, I'll wait until the new version of ZDaemon is out before I start. I don't know how long that'll be, but it sounds like it'll be soon if NightFang is testing it at the moment. It might even include a stats recording system. If it does, then I'll probably try and make Personal Doomer Stats just for csDoom or maybe I'll find something else to make it support by the time I get round to it (if I get round to it).