Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Tiger

Bootless Star [Windows Batch Shell Program]

I have wrote several programs that allows the user to easily (mindlessly, rather) compile the Doom Builder 2 project, Doom Builder 64 project, and GZDoom Builder project directly from the Subversion Local Working Copy. I have also wrote a backup program, which will backup the user's Home Directory in Windows Vista and later. All of these programs that I have wrote, are free to use - and anyone is freely able to modify them or even make your own modules to perform various other tasks.

I hope others enjoy these programs and take advantage of the tools available.

Places to go for Download

Instructions
  • Download the latest Bootless Star version (latest version as of writing this topic today: 1.5.2)
  • Place the program anywhere you wish, omitting Program Files and system protected\locked locations
  • Run the BootlessStar.bat, and select the first option from the main menu '[1] Run Project Modules'
  • And then select the 'Install a Project Module' option to install additional modules (modules: Doombuiler2.bat, GZDoomBuilder.bat, DeLorean.bat, etc).
  • And you're ready to start using the program!

Technical Stuff
Bootless Star is a program that is designed to offer flexibility by allowing modules to perform the necessary tasks demanded by the user. As Bootless Star (aka: the Core) is only designed to offer an environment for modules, project modules can take full advantage of the environment that was created by Bootless Star - and quickly get the job done that is needed with little user interaction (NOTE: The CUI is VERY intimidating to generalized users!).

The modules available:
Doom Builder 2
    Easily compile the Doom Builder2 project directly from the Subversion Local Working Copy. This requires Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 or later with TortoiseSVN Commandline Toolset.
Doom Builder 64
    Easily compile the Doom Builder64 project directly from the Subversion Local Working Copy. This requires Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 or later with TortoiseSVN Commandline Toolset.
GZDoom Builder
    Easily compile the GZDoom Builder project directly from the Subversion Local Working Copy. This requires Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 or later with TortoiseSVN Commandline Toolset.
The DeLorean
    A backup program which will only backup the user's %USERPROFILE% (Home Directory) using 7zip. This requires only 7Zip.
TGRDM3 Compiler
    [BATCH SHELL EXPERIENCE RECOMMENDED!]
    Modify the TGRDM3 Compiler to work with your Doom project; use the compiler to convert your project from the Subversion Local Working Copy to ZDoom (or Vavoom) ZIP Standards. This program requires 7Zip and TortoiseSVN Commandline Toolset.

After several years of development, I think it is safe for broad use now.

I have just released a new version of this software, and I have now released the source codes (or the uncompiled versions) to the public. Thus, now anyone can easily modify the code and branch off the parent project.

Enjoy

For those that don't follow with the Bootless Star forum topic on the DRDTeam forums, I have just recently updated the DeLorean Backup program to version 5.1.2 with one applied fix in-regards to the OneDrive and SkyDrive integration (Windows 8.1 and later) directories.

Well, after several years of development, it has come to this - - this entire project is now closed. Meaning, I am now officially shutting down the project's SVN repository. I hope this software helped those out that used it, or those that are still continuing to use it.

I just uploaded the entire project into GitHub; now everyone is able to play around with the code in a sane manner - hopefully.
For those that are interested, you are free to fork the project and do some weird things if you wish or maybe see how crazy Batch shell scripting can get.

What Comes Included:

• Core; Bootless Star
  • Doom Builder 2 compiler
  • Doom Builder 64 compiler
  • GZDoom Builder compiler
  • DeLorean Backup
>> https://github.com/SibTiger/BootlessStar