Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hellbent

Surveying DM Demand

I'm trying to get a feel for how much demand there is for new DM wads. Are you basically happy with the DM wads available now? Or would you like there to be another 30 map megawad?

Your maps are better quality and variety than all other dm maps out there imo, get to work =). If you want any help let me know.

The only place that I need help is with texturing. But I'm not about to ask anyone to help with that grueling task. ;)

I'll playtest for you with bots, not against you though, you'd probably embarress me :\

Isn't there always demand for new levels?

Isn't there always demand for new levels?

I get the impression there isn't. Dwango5 seems to be the most played wad by far and it's ancient, but that may just be testament to it's quality.

Hellbent said:

I get the impression there isn't. Dwango5 seems to be the most played wad by far and it's ancient, but that may just be testament to it's quality.

most of dwango5 sucks. The only maps I play right now are map01, d5m1, d5m2 and some Vex.

I am not sure a 30 map wad is such a great idea though. 10 maps with really high quality and maybe item placement variations on those 10 maps would be plenty imo.

Erik said:Your maps are better quality and variety than all other dm maps out there imo

yet...

Erik then said:The only maps I play right now are map01, d5m1, d5m2 and some Vex.

Explain yourself =P

Erik pointed out: I am not sure a 30 map wad is such a great idea though. 10 maps with really high quality and maybe item placement variations on those 10 maps would be plenty imo.

I was wondering if 30 was too many. However, I think the maps I'm including in this are all of comperable quality. I don't really like one map more than another in this mega. Also, I can make a smaller mega of all the popular maps in the 30 map mega.

Thanks again for your input, although I'm puzzled by people telling me my maps are really good, yet no one seems to be playing the few that I have made available. *shrug* (Actually, I do know of a few people that play some of them on DC)

Edit: Well, one reason I can think of is that they are boring as hell texturally and thus unappealing. Also, they don't have a lot of variation per map. Each map is the same through out in most cases. Could just be that they aren't well circulated. Could be that they just suck, but if what people tell me is any indication, I don't think that's it. Feedback at this juncture is appreciated.

Hellbent said:

I think the maps I'm including in this are all of comperable quality. I don't really like one map more than another in this mega.

Well than, the more the marrier.

You need a zdaemon server running them. zdaemon is the most popular multiplayer port by far.

Hellbent said:

Ohhh.. well, easily solved. BBG said he'd host it. That offer still stand BBG?

Yeah, but it is only on the table for a few months...

He gets released from prison in November, so will not be able to use the prison computers

New Dm wads are always welcome, as long as they are well-played :)

"I'm trying to get a feel for how much demand there is for new DM wads. Are you basically happy with the DM wads available now? Or would you like there to be another 30 map megawad?"

If you can produce stuff as good as tntblood, tntgrvnc, gothicdm, purepak1, dcdwango and other select dwango maps, etc. then the answer is yes! But...30 maps not needed, just a small handful of new stuff.

How many maps are in Dwango5? Just curious. If that has a lot and it's really popular...I don't see why you should have a problem.

fodders said:

Someone gave me all the popular dwango wads and some other wads on cd :)

Ah, so if Hellbent personally sent you a copy of his 30 level megawad on cd, you'd be set :)

Theres ALWAYS a demand for maps as good as yours, as many as possible

Doom II Guy said:

Ah, so if Hellbent personally sent you a copy of his 30 level megawad on cd, you'd be set :)

Yes I am short of a beer mat :)