Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Memfis

Double Dribble

fun little map. impressively chaotic and interconnected (as has become your standard). I liked the motif of having multiple doors open for each trap, a clever way to create havoc and open new spaces for monsters/player to path through.

obligatory fda: https://www.mediafire.com/?674fcrrr1ugx0dk (cl9 because I'm bad at following instructions) the difficulty was low enough such that I could get away with playing like a jagoff, which can be a fun change of pace :D

Fun map (this gameplay and difficulty is just right for me, even though I die at first). Many structures were simple, but to me, the map looked and felt awesome on the whole. Totally great work for a speedmap. Thanks for this experience (=another map by yourself; I always like them). Failed FDA here.

Very entertaining demo Ribbiks, lots of moments where you should have died. :P I agree that the paired door idea worked rather well, it will probably appear again in my future levels. That's why there is a word "double" in the title btw.

Also, I forgot to mention that this sky was made by ChaingunnerX yesterday and that's what inspired me to make the map (wanted to see how it would look in a hellish level).

Another FDA for you : here

Impressive work for a ~3-hour speedmap.
The gameplay was on a medium-ish side in terms of difficulty, allowing for a Plutonia-like, SSG-oriented run and gun affair. I like playing these every now and then.
Couldn't figure out how to get into this secret chamber...

Yeah these large outdoor areas tend to make vanilla cry. Oh well. Thanks for sharing the map anyway. :)

Ahaha, you managed to avoid the blue key trap, nice. Thx for triggering it anyway and I'll fix it for the /idgames release.

For the secret you just have to be attentive and notice an irregular texture but I guess it's located in a somewhat unexpected place.

btw 3 hours wasn't consecutive, instead I mapped in 20 minute bursts with breaks between them. I find it a good way to maximize my concentration: I absolutely need to be fast to make something significant in one short session. But maybe that's cheating in terms of speedmapping, I don't know.

Memfis said:

btw 3 hours wasn't consecutive, instead I mapped in 20 minute bursts with breaks between them. I find it a good way to maximize my concentration: I absolutely need to be fast to make something significant in one short session. But maybe that's cheating in terms of speedmapping, I don't know.

Obsidian wouldn't call it speedmapping at all. I would, because both "preplanned speedmapping" and "speedmapping with breaks" still requires the actual mapping process to be fast, therefore it is speedmapping. Just as much "speed mapping" skill is required for such an activity, but less skill in "time management of thought", which I don't consider a problem. Then again, I personally suck at either activity.

I had a lot of fun with this one. Died one time to the hellknight sniper on top of the lift that's lowered by stepping on the red TLITE flat.

Actually, I got up to the yellow door, then wandered around like an idiot for about 3 minutes looking for the yellow key. I didn't actually notice that stepping on the lights lowered the lift at first..

Either way, great inter connectivity and overall a very fun map. Suitable MIDI too!