Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
scifista42

Doomworld Mega Project 2015 - Now on /idgames

joe-ilya said:

Reupload : *SAME LINK, SAME FILE SIZE*

May I ask what's different, or why did you reupload?

Been working on another map for this year. Will be even more detailed than last years. Will be another big one, but not as brutally long as The Fantastic Love Adventure of Lt. Feelgood. There will be callbacks and references to the my last wad, but expect a new, crazy experience. Thought I'd post an update with some screenshots. Here you go:

Let me know what you think.

scifista42 said:

Looks awesome and very unique, Toxie Rocks! I'm looking forward to it.

walter confalonieri said:

looks awesome!

Thanks for the encouragement, guys!

By the way, Scifista, should we expect Space Base 3 this year?

Toxie Rocks said:

By the way, Scifista, should we expect Space Base 3 this year?

I guess yes, but if anything, I'll call the map "Space Base Powered by 3". :)

joe-ilya said:

Escape to sea by doomkid:
Everything about this map is great, this feels like one of the best maps from the 90's, godly explorations in this. My favorite map from what I've played so far.

Thank you for the compliment Joe :) I still need to play more of the maps in this thread, but overall this wad seems to be shaping up very well.

Here's an updated version that changes the texture names to 'kidxxxx' to make it easier to compile (with the exception of the WFALL1-4 patches)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/1owfzbb9l4r82oa/escape2c.wad

If you need any help getting the sky to display properly after compilation, scifista, just let me know. I did it the old fashioned way, so the planet doesn't repeat 4 times. I hope thats alright!

Alright, Doomkid. Based on joe-ilya's feedback reply, I've proclaimed your map to be limit removing (not played it yet), let me know if it's incorrect.

It uses a horizon effect on the water, which I think is only for ZDoom, but I could be wrong about that. It's the only ZDoom element of the map so if you want me to remove it I certainly can.

EDIT: Those screenshots look fantastic, Toxie Rocks!

@Doomkid: I've opened the map in DoomBuilder2 in "Doom 2 format", and indeed, it states that linedef action 337 is unknown (it's actually ZDoom). However, the game will play alright in non-ZDoom ports, except that the horizon effect obviously won't work - but the way you set it up, there will be a relatively OK-looking cut-off. No need to change it, I guess.

@Doomkid The MIDI stops for a long time and then resets, can you remove that long pause in the end? I want to hear the epic melody without having to wait a minute or two for it to repeat.

Wow, that map is so tiny, I almost want to say it's 'cute'. A fun and very small 2 minute blast, that's really nice on the eyes

@Joe, thanks for pointing it out man, I never noticed. I will reupload the map with a fixed MIDI soon.

Also, I cannot beat your map. The chaingunners raped me, then the archvile raped me, then the OTHER chaingunners raped me, the the spiderdemon.. Actually, something about the trial and error style of play reminds me of NES games like Ninja Gaiden. It didn't make me angry, it just made me want to beat it even more.. So far I'm to to the arachnotrons outside, with the red engraving on the wall. I'll take a break now and post again if I can manage to beat this!

ChaingunnerX said:

LR map.
Name: White and blue
Autor: Chaingunner
Link:http://rghost.ru/6pcqrMfDF
Build time: About 9 days.

That's a lot of detail for such a short experience. Nice new textures and flats.

FDA: https://www.mediafire.com/?8epsh8ie2873s1d

-This map needs the green armor. I kept getting shot in the face by shotgunners.
-There are 2 bleedings.
-Some health at the end for continucity reasons. I left the level with 32 HP.

ChaingunnerX said:

LR map.
Name: White and blue
Autor: Chaingunner
Link:http://rghost.ru/6pcqrMfDF
Build time: About 9 days.

Very nice intimate map. A little easy but since it's so short and small it's fitting. I disagree with Joe that green armor is necessary. I think a few armor bonuses would suffice.

Right, Pinchy, please specify compatibility. Also, you didn't use prefixed texture names.

All of the custom textures here are part of cc4-tex with the exception of the SKY1, it's in the text file. There is a small chance you downloaded the file without the text in it before I realised and changed it.

I've made some small updates and everything seems to work at level 7.

Crypt of the Revenant Dancer

Do you mean PrBoom-plus -complevel 7, and whether yes or no, what exactly is that kind of a compatibility? If possible, I'd like to put the wad into a broader category that contains more that the one wad alone. Limit-removing x Boom, etc.

PRBoom+ cl7 is "Boom's inaccurate vanilla compatibility mode". Why not just test at cl9, Boom v2.02 compatibility, which Boom maps are generally tested on?

That's right, "-complevel 7" should never be used outside playback of a tiny number of vanilla-format Boom demos (I cannot even give any examples of these off the top of my head). Testing your WAD with it may lead to problems in ports with standard Boom support.

I just used TNTCOMP to increment the compatibility level until I reached one where everything in the level worked, I didn't specifically choose that one.

I use PrBoom+, so use 9 for safety.

I've only just learned how the numbers work, I almost always just use PrBoom+ and make sure the map has no issues there.

So, finally i had some time to play Pinchy's map (mediafire was a bitch for some reason), is a pretty good map, but there's some things that leave me perplexed, like:

- How to pass over these bars without noclipping? I've searched all around the map, but i don't found any place for get in that section without clipping...

- Talking about impassible sections, how i can pass over the door that leads to the main crypt section

- I think this is intentional, but could you put the revenant in a much more centerd section over this pillar?

- I think this is intentional, but could you put the revenant in a much more centerd section over this pillar?

That's the revenant dancer.

(mediafire was a bitch for some reason)

It was having issues earlier, it actually delayed the new upload.

- How to pass over these bars without noclipping? I've searched all around the map, but i don't found any place for get in that section without clipping...

Just use the switch between the pews.

- Talking about impassible sections, how i can pass over the door that leads to the main crypt section

I'm not sure which door this is.

- I think this is intentional, but could you put the revenant in a much more centerd section over this pillar? [/B]

Jiggin it!

The sprite is actually dead center in the editor.

Never_Again said:

Really? Then have another look at you abyspe16 map.

Checking a speedmap, when there's barely even enough time to make it?

I don't know why it did not load correctly and I didn't have time to sit around and work it out.

It is literally just 3 custom textures and one flat.