Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NiGHTMARE

New Paradox screenshot :)

Before anyone says, yes the ceiling is under-detailed, and no it won't be in the final version.

I don't know whether to be thrilled that you have a new screen shot, or disappointed because it's only one, and it's of Map 01.

Okay, I've put up a better screenshot. Now there's a broken, rocky ceiling instead of ugly brown; the map is part of a base built into an asteroid after all. More cracks and stuff will be added to make it even better.

I like the pipe or whatever that is going from either side of the corridor, running along the ceiling, and back down the other side.

It looks absolutely darn interesting. I like its simplicity and the way the textures and flats fits so well together in color. A well and just right detailed corridor imho. Doesn't really remind me of any level I've seen before, and that must be a good thing ;) Now the real question arises: Does it sport a good gameplay?

Jusy FYI:

Paradox will be a partial conversion, set in the Doom universe but featuring a brand new set of enemies called the Earth Dominion. There will probably be something like 20 levels in the final version, consisting of four or five hubs.

The first couple of hubs are set in a base built into a large asteroid. The base will be rather diverse in both appearance and function due to its unique nature. It was originally constructed as a mining facility by the UAC, but was abandoned over a decade ago due to new UAC cost cutting measures.

Hellspawn took over parts of it shortly after the events of Doom 2, and some remote areas are still warped by their presence. However, the vast majority of the hellspawn were wiped out by the military, who purchased the asteroid from the UAC a couple of years ago. It's unclear what they wanted the place for, but they completely rebuilt the central area of the base.

The military themselves were slaughtered a month before Paradox takes place, when the place was invaded by a group calling themselves the Earth Dominion. It is unclear who they are and what they want with the base, which is why the player and his team are sent in.

To set the scene, I'm also making a small, 3 level hub called Wrath that will be released seperately. It will be set sometime before Paradox, but you'll learn a few things that will be relevant to Paradox. It's set in another abandoned UAC facility, this one an ancient waste refinery on Earth, which also happens to have been purchased by the military.

Anyway, I've put up a screenshot Wrath map01. Let me know what you think.

Archvile: heh, those are just support structures. Trust me, if I want something like pipes, I'll use proper pipe textures :)

c-cooper: I can't really comment on the gameplay right now, as there aren't any enemies yet ;) I can tell you that this map will serve as a hub, and there will be more and more enemies present each time you return.

c-cooper said:

Now the real question arises: Does it sport a good gameplay?

Forget about the gameplay. Paradox will never ever be released anyways ;(