Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doominator2

DLC Was added in 1969?

So I was scrolling through my steam library and came across DOTA 2, then it showed that I had a DLC in my library, but thing is that it tells me that It was added December 31st 1969?

Here
is a screen shot of it.

On Unix or Unix-derived systems, the current time is internally represented by the number of seconds since midnight of Jan 1 1970: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unix_time

So if something screws up and a timestamp is set to 0, things will show a date of 1/1/70 or 12/31/69, depending on time zone.

Linguica said:

So if something screws up and a timestamp is set to 0, things will show a date of 1/1/70 or 12/31/69, depending on time zone.

That explains why/how Steam says that I managed to recently reinstall RE3 some 35 years ago then.

BaronOfStuff said:

some 35 years ago

1/1/80? Maybe the real-time clock in your computer has died.

I see 12/31/1969 once in a while. The one I could never figure out was when my dad had a file that said it was created in 1947. It was on a Windows machine, but I can't remember which Windows. Might have been 95 or 98. Might have been XP. It's been too many years.

I should look up how Windows stores timestamps. I was poking around in Windows 7 and noticed the control panel app won't let you set a date before 1/1/1980.

Aliotroph? said:

I see 12/31/1969 once in a while. The one I could never figure out was when my dad had a file that said it was created in 1947. It was on a Windows machine, but I can't remember which Windows. Might have been 95 or 98. Might have been XP. It's been too many years.

I should look up how Windows stores timestamps. I was poking around in Windows 7 and noticed the control panel app won't let you set a date before 1/1/1980.

Different systems use different means of date storage. As we can see, the unix method is quite limited, not being able to represent older dates.

Dos/Windows's original file system has a lower limit of 1/1/1980, for example, so I somehow doubt you have seen that under Windows 9x.

NTFS starts with the year 1601 so here such an occurence might be possible.

I've seen that glitch or the negative hour glitch or millions of hour glitches.