Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DoomUK

The Doom Confessional Booth

TraceOfSpades said:

Oh wow, oops!

I hate the music of E1M1. I love the music from Into Sandy's City.

I love bofh of fhem <3

I didn't know the Lost Soul's and Pain Elemental's HP until I got curious about it while making this list:

List of monster tiers (avg. challenge level / amount of high-leverage damage per encounter, in my personal experience, weighted by mapper usage, etc., excluding any Nazis):

Tier A (high tier)
Cyberdemon
Arch-vile

Tier B (high-end mid-tier)
Chaingunner
Revenant
Pain Elemental (just because allowing Lost Soul spam is a minor death in itself)
Mancubus

Tier C (low-end mid-tier)
Shotgun Guy
[Tier S goes here]*
Baron of Hell
Hell Knight
Cacodemon
Arachnotron

Tier D (weak fodder)
Lost Soul
Imp
Spectre
Demon
Barrel (would be slightly higher if they weren't so often helpful)
Zombieman

*Tier S (Spiderdemon)
Spiderdemon

Not really Doom related, and maybe I'm just naive, but I hear the name "fedora tipping neckbeard" thrown around here a lot, particularly in the Everything Else forum. While I can sort of visualize what that type of person looks like, I have no idea what kind of a person is implied through that stereotype, especially just by reading text on an internet forum. I hear "SJW - social justice worker" thrown around a lot too, not sure if they're basically the same thing. I don't know anyone who wears a fedora.

Don't kill me.

"Fedora tipping neckbeard" Can refer to insufferable Militant atheist who can't for one minute imagine why the world can't just logic&reason religion away and make war stop forever, blames modern feminism for not being able to get laid despite being a 'nice guy' and his gentlemanly fedora which can be anything from a creep to a full blown MRA. Pretty much a caricature of worse kind of socially maladjusted nerd.

"Social Justice Warrior" is (if I try to be diplomatic about it), someone too eager to debate in favor of the modern equity movement (Social Justice) despite context and to an obnoxious level, though I've seen people called SJW's for saying anything from 'all heterosexual sex is rape' to 'pedophilia is bad'.

Thanks captain red

Thread idea: "Prove you're not a neckbeard"

40oz said:

Thanks captain red

Thread idea: "Prove you're not a neckbeard"

How to prove you're not a neckbeard: Avoid the shit out of threads entitled "Prove you're not a neckbeard".

rdwpa said:

List of monster tiers (avg. challenge level / amount of high-leverage damage per encounter, in my personal experience, weighted by mapper usage, etc., excluding any Nazis):

Interesting, even though I personally see the "ranks" slightly differently. This thread might interest you:

http://www.doomworld.com/vb/doom-general/68245-which-enemy-has-the-priority-of-being-killed-for-you/

I unintentionally made my 3yo daughter a future Tyson-run addict by playing the MAP01 of Tnt while she was watching in my back.

Now she perfectly imitates the Doomguy's punches, including the idle right-hand stance.

So I beat TNT: Evilution today, I had gotten through the first 7 maps back in August 2012 & I've finally gotten around to finishing up the rest of them. My overall impression is quite mixed. Everything past map 20 is pretty much a waste of time, maps 23, 24, & 26 being the only maps that were tolerable. I think there is way too much hate geared toward Habitat, it's a bad map for sure, but it's by no means the worst, I wouldn't even put it in the bottom 10. Also I don't get everyone's love for map 31, I couldn't stand it. Overall my top five maps were Map 15, 11, 1, 17, & 8 while by bottom 5 maps were Map 31, 18, 27, 16, 21.

I don't ever expect to get through The Plutonia Experiment, I've never managed to get past map 3 without getting frustrated & quitting.

The main thing which turns me off of Plutonia is the ridiculous difficulty, the second being the very bland looking new textures. It's funny though because I did enjoy Plutonia 2 I recall although it was a few years back since I last played it.

William Blazkowicz said:

Does she swing her arm in a half-circle motion, too?

Well, she still has some training to do haha.

I have a mod I've been fiddling with for years made up resources I've collected and modified. I generally get as far as making the art fit together and coding some of the weapons and monsters... and then forgetting about it for a few months, going back, deciding it's terrible and starting again.

This is almost a yearly cycle that started with a mod I actually released ages ago called doomWBO.wad. I once upon a time wanted to update it. Now it's more some kind of ritual.

- I don't like hell revealed 2
- Zdoom is one of my least favorite ports
- I prefer dooms episode/level format over doom 2s
- DeHackEd is my preferred game behavior editor, and i want it to be updated so badly.
- I can't UV-Tyson E2M8
- I don't place the Super-Shotgun or BFG 9000 in my maps

uhbooh said:

- DeHackEd is my preferred game behavior editor, and i want it to be updated so badly.

The update is called WhackEd. It looks better, has the same features + more, and you don't need DosBOX to run it.

Squadallah said:

I unintentionally made my 3yo daughter a future Tyson-run addict by playing the MAP01 of Tnt while she was watching in my back.

Now she perfectly imitates the Doomguy's punches, including the idle right-hand stance.

Stuff her with chocolate, pretend it's a berserk pack! Then watch those fists fly!

scifista42 said:

The update is called WhackEd. It looks better, has the same features + more, and you don't need DosBOX to run it.

I know that, what i meant was an update to what DeHackEd patches can do. I'd love to see stuff like changing what codepointer does.

In Ultimate Doom I like getting Cacodemons and Barons of Hell to fight each other. When they start fighting I handicap the fight for the Cacodemon by shooting at the Baron with a Shotgun. The Baron wins 70% of the time, but it's still entertaining (I do this largely in E2M4, E2M5, and E3M5).

For bullets and shells, I make every effort to pick up weapon/ammo drops before picking up weapon/ammo items on a map.