Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zed

World's first penis transplant

I read about a Chinese man who had a penis transplant several years ago but then opted to have it removed. Maybe it it was fake.

Zed said:

What do you think?

Better than none.

Dicks are why buildings are so tall, trucks so big, guns are so big. Where would the world be without dicks? I mean, really.

Yes, you read that right: To get the approval of the donor's family, doctors had to fashion a pseudo-penis for him out of abdominal skin. That way he could be buried with something resembling a penis.

Do they still perform pants-less burials in Africa?

The Chinese operation was mentioned in the article with a link.

South Africa apparently gives too many rights to families of the deceased. When somebody has signed the donor card it's not a good idea to let families have a veto.

Beavis and Butthead still want to see a butt transplant.

If I am an organ donor, maybe my dick will someday be bestowed upon a lucky guy or girl. You're welcome. Don't stick me in something crazy.

One reason this is pretty important is because unsafe circumcision is a huge issue among young men of certain cultures in South Africa, this is the reason why this particular gentleman got a new penis (the old one had to get amputated). I think I read somewhere that they would like to do this to a couple of other victims as well (the transplant, not the amputation). This will hopefully put the spotlight on the issue again.

Huh. Wonder if they could do the same for transmen. That'd actually be a pretty extreme step forward, especially if they can get it fully functional.

Arctangent said:

Huh. Wonder if they could do the same for transmen. That'd actually be a pretty extreme step forward, especially if they can get it fully functional.

I knew / know a trans man, he said a 6 incher was $100,000 surgery wise, so he opted for the 2 incher. I can't remember how much he said it cost. I haven't known him for maybe 7 years.

Kotzugi said:

This will hopefully put the spotlight on the issue again.

And perhaps the issue of circumcision in general. The sad thing about male circumcision is that it's overshadowed by the horror of female circumcision, when in reality they're both pointless and barbaric practices, even when done 'safely'.

Some italian surgeon said that head transplant is possible in 2017, looking forward to it. They transplanted monkey's head from one to another in the 70's but monkey was paralyzed and only lived 9 days after the surgery. Surgeons were unable to connect spinal cord to brain.

Waffenak said:

Some italian surgeon said that head transplant is possible in 2017, looking forward to it. They transplanted monkey's head from one to another in the 70's but monkey was paralyzed and only lived 9 days after the surgery. Surgeons were unable to connect spinal cord to brain.

I read about that, too. If they can transplant a head, I don't know what's keeping them from reconnecting severed spinal chords.

Coopersville said:

I wouldn't mind an upgrade somewhere down the line perhaps.

You need to go to Africa for the BIG penises.

Technician said:

I read about that, too. If they can transplant a head, I don't know what's keeping them from reconnecting severed spinal chords.

Its cell crowth problem. Neurons regenerate very poorly so if you have severed connections between them its pretty much game over situation with todays medicine

Something to finally be proud about again, we used to have some of the best doctors / surgeons / hospitals in the world, and hopefully we can get there again, because we really need them again in these times.

printz said:

Does it feel pleasure?

Yes.

Barsdorf says maximising benefit was a big principle for the med team: the patient's penis is fully functioning AND he experiences pleasure.