Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gruntkiller4000

The Official 'Trying to Find a Specific WAD' Thread

This wad is an old one, probably 90's. It had a tropical island theme, with lots of custom textures. The first level was a small island with a cyberdemon guarding the exit, the second was a cave.

D'oh, I had it on my harddrive I think, but then I might've deleted it. But anyways, it was some super-awesome omega remake of Deimos Lab with tons of detail. It was broken up into two parts and had a beautiful hydroponic garden area in the middle of it.

FE-OUND IT.

The one you're linking to is.. either completely different or a very early beta I think, lol. I found the original website I got it from, along with the other megadetailed wads. Now hopefully I'll be able to run them, and with glorious OpenGL diminished lighting, too!

Tuns out the mod was called "E2M4 Redux."

There was a wad useful for DM where you were able to see other people's weapon sprites. What was it again?

I remember playing a Doom 2 map a couple of years back (at least four years ago), set mostly inside a rather bright techbase. It might have been something like a water treatment facility or something. It might have included an area where slime was being poured into the sea from some huge pipes, but I'm not 100% positive on that.

Anyway, the most memorable feature of the map was that, if you went outside into the sea and kept going, you'd suddenly end up falling underwater--a region with water above and below you, with some bizarre "3D-like" visual effect (and with a bunch of monsters awaiting you in the water.) I think it was similar to what happens at the end of Swim With the Whales MAP01. Rings a bell?

I remember a weapons wad where, in addition to new weapons, the player could turn into at least three different god avatars for a limited time and really wreck the monsters' shit. I have it somewhere in my plethora of wads, but I can't remember the name of it to save my life, and I'd prefer not to waste hours and hours digging through them all.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and what was that stupid Insane Clown Posse wad called? Did anyone bring that up in the thread yet? I wanted to see it myself for curiosity's sake, but nobody ever had a download.

Impie said:

EDIT: Oh yeah, and what was that stupid Insane Clown Posse wad called? Did anyone bring that up in the thread yet? I wanted to see it myself for curiosity's sake, but nobody ever had a download.

The only wad I've ever seen with ICP stuff is Operation BIOWAR, I don't know if it's the one you're looking for.

joe-ilya said:

He doesn't reply. :( Am I hopeless?

Well, I don't know, maybe keep trying? Unfortunately, it seems that's the only way to reach him.

There was this Doom 1 WAD. I swore it was called 'Endgame', but all I find is some Doom II WAD and things about about the Doom novel of the same name.

What I remember about it is that it had Sentry turrets (that replaced the Spider Mastermind via DeHacked), and the plasma gun was replaced with a rifle.

Zed said:
The only wad I've ever seen with ICP stuff is Operation BIOWAR, I don't know if it's the one you're looking for.

Nah, I've played through that one. Does it actually have ICP stuff in it? I don't remember any.

The wad I'm thinking of had some kind of ridiculous title like Fuck My Life or something along those lines, if I'm remembering correctly, which I'm probably not. I do know it had the clowns themselves in it as enemies, and stupidly fast-moving fly monsters, and other stuff that made the mod basically unplayable.

Apparently the "god" mod was Pagan (rslpagan.wad).

Does anyone have Mr. Smiley Head's Safari? Looked at its gameplay, holy cow it looks awesome for a old 90s' wad.

This one was for zdoom, made after about 2009 (I think). The first level had this forest-cum-maze that was criticized for being overly difficult to find your way out of... one of the next levels had a circus with a sideshow. It was reviewed in the newstuff chronicles, I think.

invictius said:

This one was for zdoom, made after about 2009 (I think). The first level had this forest-cum-maze that was criticized for being overly difficult to find your way out of... one of the next levels had a circus with a sideshow. It was reviewed in the newstuff chronicles, I think.

There's Happy Time Circus, its sequel and The City of the Damned: Apocalypse that are ZDoom mods with circus/sideshows parts, but I don't remember mazelike forests in any of them.

Impie said:

Nah, I've played through that one. Does it actually have ICP stuff in it? I don't remember any.

Yeah, some photos on MAP31, but I think that's it.

Gez said:

There's Happy Time Circus, its sequel and The City of the Damned: Apocalypse that are ZDoom mods with circus/sideshows parts, but I don't remember mazelike forests in any of them.

One Happy Time Circus might have had a forest bit, but I don't remember it being that difficult at all. People say "maze-like forest doom wad" and the first thing I think of is Grove, which was impossibly dark.