Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Impboy4

Plutonia 64 (Doom 64 EX)

I decided to upload the levels that I completed so far while I work on the levels NOT started yet and see what you guys think.

If you find any bugs, please report back. Levels 4-11 have the sky and name changes, but no actual level is there yet. Also you can't warp past Level 11 due to MAPINFO not defining the rest of the game (I'll get to that soon).

Download

EDIT: Fixed a couple bugs found in Aztec and also unpegged some of the colors to make it look nicer.

Played them and they are awesome keep working on this i'd love to see more Levels ,Also the texturing is good and lighting is spot on , Keep it up man i would love to see this project get finished

Also the switch in the blue key room on aztec is broken.

XrigamortisX said:

Played them and they are awesome keep working on this i'd love to see more Levels ,Also the texturing is good and lighting is spot on , Keep it up man i would love to see this project get finished

Also the switch in the blue key room on aztec is broken.

which one? there are two in that area.

Sorry to ask here, but can somebody please tell me how to run maps in doom 64 ex? Doom 64 runs fine, but when I drag and drop a map on the doom64.exe I get the error message: W_Init: IWAD not found.

^ Open the launcher, at the bottom is a text field called 'Other Parameters', enter

-file xxx.wad
Click launch, voilà.

It'd be nice to have some screenshots, but whatever. I'll give this a go then, but get yourself a Dropbox or a Mega account because I dunno about these sketchy filesharing sites like the one you're using.

Jaxxoon R said:

It'd be nice to have some screenshots, but whatever. I'll give this a go then, but get yourself a Dropbox or a Mega account because I dunno about these sketchy filesharing sites like the one you're using.

Please do, this has kept me from downloading too.

Jaxxoon R said:

if you followed the screenshot thread, they're there. i appreciate the suggestion of getting an account but, i'm not going to make one for the sole purpose of having to manage it. i got too many accounts as is to manage right now. tinyupload hasn't given me or anyone else problems so far so it's safe.

I liked it. It's basically Plutonia but with a Doom 64 twist, exactly what it sets out to be. However, I found a few bugs.

Map02's elevator, my first instinct was to go down. I continued to go down for about a minute before I gave up and went up instead. EDIT: I expected a coolnice secret as a reward for my patience.

MAP03's teleporter to the pillar & manc room got hijacked by some jerkwad zombieman. His infini-port blasted my ears all the while I fought the mancubus.

He got what he deserved.

Jaxxoon R said:

http://i.imgur.com/0udpZXwl.png
Map02's elevator, my first instinct was to go down. I continued to go down for about a minute before I gave up and went up instead.

not a bug. if you see that texture, you either went too far up or went the wrong direction. in regards to the teleport-happy zombie, that's an easy fix i can do.

I thought the lighting was rather bland.

Impboy4 said:

if you see that texture, you either went too far up or went the wrong direction.

Sorry, not an excuse.

It's also possible to get stuck if you press the lift button and exit the lift quickly.

In the same map: falling off the stairs (after the waterfall) in the wrong direction also leads to getting stuck.

Da Werecat said:

I thought the lighting was rather bland.

Sorry, not an excuse.

It's also possible to get stuck if you press the lift button and exit the lift quickly.

In the same map: falling off the stairs (after the waterfall) in the wrong direction also leads to getting stuck.

unless you know macros well, that excuse is valid in my book. i will fix getting those two things un-stuck as best as i could. the lighting is something you are just going to accept to because i'm trying not to make areas too dark to see.

Impboy4 said:

if you see that texture, you either went too far up or went the wrong direction.

I'm pretty sure that if I see that texture it means you suck at making maps Kappa

I definitely prefer the areas where you did your own spin on the maps rather than copying the original geometry over. Areas that are unaltered tend to feel too cramped in Doom 64.

The texturing could definitely use more work, it's pretty bland in places, without nice transitions between themes.

I played to level 3 and I liked it so far! the doom64 look adds a nice atmosphere.

Also, I can upload the file to mediafire if you want it and if the author doesn't mind.

The coloured lighting could do with some work too, maybe also with improved gradients.

Impboy4 said:

unless you know macros well, that excuse is valid in my book.

I'd say, if you can't implement a feature without it looking broken, you should drop it. At the very least, I would apply textures where they're missing to mask the problem.

Just my 2 cents.

@Avoozl, i can't do so much with gradients as is. i'm using the colored sectors from the PSX Doom TC and Lost Levels. the way the gradients is made is just my style of using them.

@Da Werecat, i'll add the buffer textures only because i like replacing the one-time instant floor with an elevator.

Impboy4 said:

unless you know macros well, that excuse is valid in my book.

if you need help with them send me pm with the thing you want to make and i will see if i can help you with it. since i used macros on map2 of my wad

I don't why but i can run the game only windowed if i use full screen iit crash!! also do you have any other link for other map to run on doom64 ex?

Da Werecat said:

...It's also possible to get stuck if you press the lift button and exit the lift quickly.

The first instance quoted above is exactly what happened to me. I had to IDCLIP to finish the level. That's a bug, if you ask me. ;)

Other than that, I'm really enjoying what I've played so far. Doom 64 needs more love so it's always good to see a meaty project like this. I've only just started level 3 but I'm looking forward to seeing more in the future... :)