Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kontra Kommando

Occultic Doom [Playthrough Video]

Du Mhan Yhu said:

You should make the 3rd sprite an enemy.

I was actually considering something like that.

I was also thinking how these disembodied limbs and heads, could be flying enemies as well, that swarm the player like lost souls.

I think it would be comical to see a dead marine, with legs for arms and arms for legs, come to life and attack. Evil Dead type humor.

Du Mhan Yhu said:

I think it would be comical to see a dead marine, with legs for arms and arms for legs, come to life and attack. Evil Dead type humor.

I think it would be pretty cool, as well as having the gibs slither around and attack. I would give it that rat noise that the pile of rats had in the SNES game Drakkhen.

I also want to include these mean little bastards from the movie, the Gate (1987). If you look at one of the kid's rooms, he actually has a lot of posters from bands that I put in my music randomizer, that I made for this mod.

Perhaps when some former humans die, they can become these little demons:

EDIT:

Here's something I just created. I think I got its physique down right. I had drawn it the size of a regular sized monster, but I will scale it down to a miniature version.

Edit:

It will probably look like this in-game; he'll make the troll look like a Mancubus:

I like the idea of an Alf-demon. A little scavenger, like a rat, that doesn't attack you until it eats all the dead bodies and gibs in the area. He's very hungry. But very clean.

Kontra Kommando said:

My goal is to create sort of companion addition to each monster in the game, which is more from the occult, than sci-fi. The last mod I worked on was completely sci-fi; Aliens. But now I want to make this one completely supernatural.

Looking forward to it. If your interested, I can provide you with some idea's for some of the new enemies. I know that I may look like a slacker just because I don't know anything about coding, but i'm willing you help you out with your mod however I can.

Most of the idea I have come from my Doom:Seven Sons idea. Some of the the idea's might be a little advance for the Doom engine, but I wouldn't call it impossible. I'll leave it up to you if your interested. Here's a few examples.

Spoiler

Gaki Demon aka Preta Demon:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preta
Appearance:Looks like a dark-white skinny creature with a skull-like head, glowing eyes, and a body that emits white blurry gas(their head looks like the Vulger from Doom 3 Resurrection of Evil). Their hands appear to be bladed claws.
Dodge ability:Able to dodge the player's cross hair and particles.
Take down tactics:
Gaki Demons attack by using ninja like abilities to attack the player from behind. Jumping ontop of objects, wall kicking, and silent running. Those are some of the many methods they use to attack the player from behind. The two disadvantages that they have is that they tend to approach the player no matter what as long as the player isn't looking.
This means that the player can expose them by luring them into an open area. However it's also important to use your ears to detect them nearby.
Because of their ability, it's best to use either a shotgun, or a full auto weapon do to the job as they tend to seek cover when spotted by the player.
Attacks:
Slash:The Gaki Demon will slash at the player.

Busaw:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Busaw
"Remember, this creature can fire a shot that rebounds back at the player if it misses"-Tutorial
Appearance:Looks like the Archvile from Doom 2, except with black skin, sunken in eyes, hooked claws, and a long tongue.
Take down Tactics:
Fighting this creature is set into two phases. During the first phase, the Busaw will fire boomerang shots that rebound and plasma rings around the player that must either be jumped over or dodged under. However, when the Busaw is nearly dead it will attempt to rush to the nearest dead enemy and feast on it's corpse in an attempt to regain it's health. If not finished off the Busaw will regain a sizable portion of it's health depending on the creature that it's eaten.
Attacks:
Boomerang shot:
The Busaw fires a plasma shot that, if dodged, will rebound back, in a timed manner to hit the player.
Plasma ring:
A ring of plasma will form around the player while the player is moving. This forces the player to jump over the ring.

Dybbuk corpses:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dybbuk
"One of the groups of creatures possessed by this enemy has a glow. That is the creature that you must kill in order to kill off the group"-Tutorial
Appearance:Consists of a group of creatures that look like humans with petrified skin. One of them has a blue glow
Dodge ability:None
Take down tactics:The Dybbuk consists of a group of possessed human corpses with petrified skin who attack the player. One of the humans has a blue glow which is the one that the player must target in order to kill the Dybbuk. Shooting any of the other humans only stuns them and causes their wounds to regenerate. When the Dybbuk takes enough damage, it will jump to another human, forcing the player to switch targets.
All of the bodies possessed by the Dybbuk attack in a slow manner to balance out the fact that they attack in a group. As a result only two Dybbuk corpses can attack at a time. The Dybbuk possessed corpses can summon a sonic wave that can either be dodged under or jumped over or dodge under. Another attack Dybbuk corpses can do is the sonic smash which can be wall kicked over.
Their last attack is the charge ability in which all of the Dybbuk corpses charge at the player at once and slash at him. This happens when the Dybbuk is low on health.
Attacks:
Sonic wave:
The Dybbuk fires a sonic wave that can be jumped over.
Sonic smash:
The Dybbuk fires a sonic smash.
Charge:
When low on health the Dybbuk with have all the corpses charge at the player and slash at him.
Body switch:
When the Dybbuk takes enough damage it will jump to another of the corpses it possesses.

I'm willing to send you more idea's if your interested. I'm well aware that my idea 's won't be easy to code into the Doom 2 engine, but if done properly they'd allow for a variety of combat scenario's. Like I said, this is your mod. Your more than welcome to reject them.

Just my 2 pence, please please please remove the movie one liners upon monster death. I know there is a good intention there but it just clashes HORRIBLY.

1 Why would a zombie man have the voice of a little girl and another one have the voice on a supreme demonic entity.

2 And this is really the crutch of the situation the sound files are not up to scratch, when any of them play there is a massive burst of static that comes before it as if they have been ye' olde' mixtape' pirated from a VHS player.

The only reason I bring this up is because the rest of your work is top notch, and I have seen too many good mods just become a sound fuck of endless garbled one liners.

Tompig said:

Just my 2 pence, please please please remove the movie one liners upon monster death. I know there is a good intention there but it just clashes HORRIBLY.

1 Why would a zombie man have the voice of a little girl and another one have the voice on a supreme demonic entity.

2 And this is really the crutch of the situation the sound files are not up to scratch, when any of them play there is a massive burst of static that comes before it as if they have been ye' olde' mixtape' pirated from a VHS player.

The only reason I bring this up is because the rest of your work is top notch, and I have seen too many good mods just become a sound fuck of endless garbled one liners.

I plan on giving the sound clips particular attention. As rough as they are, I feel that they certainly give this mod much of its character. My old guitar player will give me access to his sound equipment, and his expertise as well. We could even create our own, rips from those movies with much better clarity. I found those sound clips from random horror-movie fan sites that have not been maintained since the ancient days of the internet. Some could very well be VHS rips.

I think the multiple voices could make is seem like they are possessed by multiple demons. They're sort of like Ermac from MK, but with demon souls. At any rate, I was actually considering giving them individual voices for individual monsters. Perhaps when I have more rips of those particular voices, I could make that scenario an even better choice.

Kontra Kommando said:

I appreciate the offer, but I'm not really looking for help in terms of coding really. However, if you would like to make suggestions here on the thread, and/or test out the beta for balancing, that would be a great help to me. I'm glad that you like the mod; the best is yet to come.

In that case here's a list of the enemy idea's that I've thought up of. Most of them are from Doom:Seven Sons which is a game idea that I have. Like I said, some of the enemy idea's might be hard to program into the Doom 2 engine since it requires altered AI(most Doom mods have simple AI). If your interested in using these idea's, you'll either have to work around the engines limitations or give them new abilities.

Here's the list.

Spoiler

Bal-Bal:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bal-Bal
Appearance:
Looks like the cross of a skinny humanoid demon and a bat with a tentacle like mouth. They have blackish gray skin.
Dodge ability:Depends on how much blood they drink, though they start off with no dodge ability.
Takedown tactics:
Unlike other enemies which relay on attacking the player, Bal-Bals drinks the blood of fallen enemies in an attempt to get fast or stronger. The more bodies they drink from, the stronger and faster they will be(though there is a limit towards how strong they can get). In addition to the dead bodies of enemies, they can also feed off of the dead bodies of human beings as well. Because of this it's important to kill the Bal-Bal quickly before dealing with other enemies.
Bal-Bal's like to attack in close range using a variety of close range attacks.

Ekek:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ekek
Appearance:Looks like a mix between a demonic pterodactyl and a vulture. He wears armor over his torso.
Dodge ability:Able to dodge particles and the crosshair.
Takedown tactics:
These creatures cloak themselves, turning invisible when they appear in a fight. Their primary method of attack is to sneak up behind the player and jump at him while he is distracted with other enemies in which they then make themselves visible. This attack is only avoided by the sound the Ekek makes when it is about to pounce. If the Ekek pounces on the player it can unleash a ton of damage against him. Keep in mind that your going to have to aim for the Ekek's head if you want to do any damage do to the armor that the Ekek wears.

Archdemon:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archdemon
Appearance:A beefed up taller version of the Baron of Hell with armor over his torso, and arms.
Dodge ability:Able to dodge particles at long distance.
Takedown tactics:
The Archdemon has three methods of attack. They will either us their agility to attack the player from behind, charge at the player relaying on their armor to protect them, or attack at a distance. This is what separates the Archdemon from other enemies. Their A.I. makes them unpredictable.
Because of their armor it's important to use accurate weapons on these creatures to aim for their head.
Attacks:
Plasma shockwave:
The Archdemon will slam it's fist to the ground creating a wave of plasma that must be avoided by stepping aside. This attack can't be dodged under or jumped over.
Laser beam:
At long distance the Archdemon will fire a long range laser out of his palm.
Charge:
The Archdemon will charge at the player full speed and try to ram him.
Jumping smash:
The Archdemon will jump a great distance and try to smash the ground. This attack has a small shockwave effect that can be jumped over.
Trace shot:
The Archdemon will fire a high damage plasma bolt with a trace line on it. If the player moves within the trace line the plasma bolt will rebound back at the player with limited heat seeking abilities forcing the player to turn around to direct his focus at the plasma bolt, leaving him vulnerable to a charge attack by the Archdemon.

Ukobach:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ukobach
"Their metal armor is hard. Shoot the explosive orbs on their bodies"-Tutorial
Appearance:
Looks like a gremlin completely covered in metal armor on fire. They have belts of explosive orbs on their bodies. coming out a large backpack dispenser.
Dodge ability:Able to dodge particles at long range.
Takedown Tactics:
These guys attack by throwing orbs of firebombs made out of the "Blood of the Damned." They can either throw a single bomb which explodes on contact or an entire belt of explosives which take a few seconds to explode, but have a much better blast radius. The belts they throw are always at a diagonal angle forcing the player to dodge under in a certain direction.
Because of the armor their wear their weak point are the belts of orbs jolting out of their backpacks which cause them to explode when shot enough times.

Acheri:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acheri
Appearance:
Looks like floating gray frail human child demon with amber eyes.
Dodge ability:Able to dodge the players crosshair and particles.
Takedown tactics:
Acheri are supernatural creatures that constantly shift to and from physical forms. They fly in the air to get into a good position to attack the player and shift to their physical forms when attacking. Because they are supernatural creatures they can only be attacked when they are attacking.
They have three attacks. Their first attack when they fire a stream of inaccurate plasma shots capable of filling entire rooms. This attack is best avoided by taking cover.
The second attack is only done in close range in which they spray diseased gas at the player. For this reason it's best to keep your distance when fighting these creatures.
The third attack is always active. Acheri have a cursed shadow in which stepping into their shadow brings harm to those that touch it. This becomes a problem when the Acheri position themselves in front of a large light source.

Onryô:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Onry%C5%8D
Appearance:
Although mostly invisible most of the time, in their visible form they seem to have a very blurry appearance. Their appearance consists of a skinny skeleton-like body with long black hair in a contorted position. They wear a white robe.
Takedown tactics:
Remember the Spector from the original Doom and how easy he was to spot? Well here's a monster that's difficult to spot at a long enough range and is only visible when attacking. The good news is that they are slow when invisible making them easy targets at close range.
Onryô's attack by firing a sonic-like wave that travels sideways up and down, meaning that players must use proper timing to avoid their attack. They can also fire a three shot burst of plasma bolts with limited heat seeking capabilities(though lacking the rebound abilities of the Revenants missiles).

Dalaketnon:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dalaketnon
"In order to damage this creature, you first must get at a distance to make it shift to it's vulnerable form.
Appearance:Has two forms. A humanoid form with horns and sharp claws, and a secondary form with steel skin.
Dodge ability:None.
Takedown tactics:
This creature has two forms. It's steel skin form which it shifts to at close range, and it's real form which it shifts to at a distance. In it's steel skin form, the Dalaketnon is immune to all damage, but is much slower. In it's true form the Dalaketnon is faster and has a leaping attack that launches it in the air towards the player. Because these creatures can only be taken out at a distance, it's best to focus on other enemies before taking these guys out.

Jersey Devil:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jersey_Devil
Appearance:
Looks like a humanoid demonic goat with wings and skinny arms with sharp claws.
Dodge ability:Able to dodge the player's crosshair and particles.
Takedown tactics:
Jersey Devils like to attack by flying up to the player and landing usually in front of the player, though they will try to fly behind the player when they get the chance. They then will focus on either distracting the player from other enemies by maneuvering in a manner that pushes players glance away from other enemies, or by getting behind the player and slashing them with their claws.
If a Jersey Devil tries to distract the player he will try to rapidly jump on and off walls, objects, and ceiling using free running to distract the player will throwing fireballs much like the imp.
If a Jersey Devil tries to get from behind the player he will either jump over the player while breathing fire or flying behind the player.

Asura:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asura_(Buddhism)
Appearance:Looks like a shaved ape with red skin, four or six arms, and three heads.
Takedown tactics:
Asura's typically attack by swinging on ceilings and jumping off walls to get behind the player and punch them to death.

Krampus demon
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krampus
Appearance:
They appear much like goat demon with rotted skin and sewing stitches all over their body. They carry a dark gold shield on one arm and a single bladed battle axe(with a pike point at the end) in the other. They carry a sack on their shoulders that usually includes small dead children(in mythology Krampus's are known to kidnap children).
Dodge ability:Able to dodge the player's crosshair and particles(though when dealing with particles they prefer to hide behind their shield).
Takedown tactics:
At first the Krampus will rush at the player, waving it's axe in the air and try to hack at them. However if the player shoots at the Krampus, it with hide behind it's shield while walking. Because of this the player must use a high powered weapon such as the shotgun to take a good chunk of the Krampus's life out. Using a low damage weapon or full auto weapon isn't recommended since shooting the Krampus will cause it to hide behind it's shield. When a Krumpus is behind it's shield it's important to take care when maneuvering around as the Krumpus can do a stab attack when the player is near it.
All the sounds that the Krampus makes is taken from a goat to add satisfaction to killing them(like the goat demons in Diablo 2).

Succubus/Incubus:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Succubus
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incubus
Appearance:
Their appearance is much like a human except for the fact that they have wings, red scaled skin, and fly in the air.
Takedown tactics:
Succubus's attack either by creating a small portal that hovers in front of the player that fires fireballs at the player(forcing the player to side step) or by creating a C-shaped field of plasma either in front of the player to the players side that closes on the player, forcing the player to either back up or step to the side.
While the attacks succubus's use are based on teleportation, they can only attack when the player is in their sight. Unlike Cacodemons, the Succubus's tend to fly over the player, out of the players view(unless the player is looking up). Facing the Succubus in this condition leaves the player vulnerable to attacks from other enemies. For that reason, it's best to kill the Succubus last and deal with other enemies first.

Ifrit:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ifrit
Appearance:
Looks like a gray Baron of Hell, except it's lower half of it's body is non-existent, consisting of gray smoke allowing them to fly.
Takedown tactics:
Ifriti relay on limiting the players movement, making the player vulnerable to other enemies rather than killing them.
In a wide open area they will cast a wall of fire in front of the direction the player is moving which causes the player to take damage if they pass through it, though there is a telltale noise that they make always make when casting this, allowing the player to know when to face the direction they are running.
In closed areas the Ifrit will try to wrap the size of objects to prevent players from taking cover or retreating to another room.
Aside from that they also have a boomerang fireball spell which launches a fireball at the player and heads back toward them.
Ifriti are best taken out with headshots with long range weapons as they take triple the amount of damage if shot in the head.

Samca:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samca
Her skin is like kevlar. Aim for the mouth when she gets close.-Tutorial
Appearance:Looks like a gray naked women with long hair and breasts that reach the ground, small shinny eyes, sickles for fingers and a large mouth.
Takedown tactics:
Samca's tend to have bulletproof skin protecting them from any damage. The only way to kill them is to shoot them in the mouth when they are about to attack, which kills them in only a few shots.
Samca's like to exploit the fact that they can only be killed with mouthshots, as they only open their mouths when ready to attack. Because of this they will slowly circle the player, licking their lips to get in a good position to charge the player and slash at them which they usually do when the players back is turned.
The player can, however approach the Samca causing it to attack, dodge backwards, and shoot it's exposed mouth. This is best done quickly when they are encountered in groups as they will try to surround the player whenever possible.

Batibat:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batibat
Appearance:An skinny ghoul like creature with a fat chest.
Dodge ability:None.
Takedown tactics:
These creatures like to position themselves in high places while behind cover and belch poison gas at the player which in turn creates a denial of area attack(if the player steps in the gas they take damage). The player might get the impression that it's best to take these guys out first, but the Batibat likes to distract the player more than anything. That being said it's best to finish off other enemies before dealing with these creatures since shooting them requires to player to hold still due tot he fact that, when they hide behind cover in high places they tend to only reveal their head.

Abasy infected:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abasy
Appearance:
Looks like a humanoid creature with the right/left half being human and the other right/left half being a skinny humanoid creature with shiny white flesh. The upper tops of their heads have white bandages wrapped around it. On a random part of their body is a parasite that must be killed.
Takedown tactics:
Abasy Infected attack very much like the zombie men melee(though they sometimes will use firearms). The difference is that the Abasy have a parasite on their bodies that must be shot off in order to kill them as shooting them anywhere else will cause them to regenerate, though the player can shoot them to stun them and then shoot the parasite. In addition to melee weapons they will sometimes use firearms.

Muramasa Wight:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muramasa
Destroy the swords they drop when killed or they'll just get back up and revive."-Tutorial
Appearance:
Looks like a black sheet of a ghost(sterotypical ghost) weilding a katana.
Takedown tactics:
Muramasa Wights hover in the air over the player to get into position in which they can strike the player with their blades. They will either sweep down at the player and strike them or hover high in the air to the ceiling and strike the player from above.
When defeated, the Muramasa Wights will be sucked into their swords which will fall to the ground. The player must then approach the sword in time and either shoot it or use the "use" key on it(causes the player to smash the sword). If ignored long enough the Muramasa Wight will revive(the player can tell how close a sword is towards being revived by how it shakes).

Oni Demon:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oni
Oni demons are made out of stone on the inside, so you'll have to punch them to death if you want to get anywhere.-Tutorial
Appearance:
Looks like a bulky version of the Hell Knight with the Baron of Hell's head, but bigger and with large mace club.
Dodge ability:None
Takedown tactics:
Oni Demons attack by charging at the player and smacking them with their mace. While they are one of the faster enemies of the game, the player can out run them slightly. Because of this, the player is constantly on the move whenever the Oni Demon is present. Whether or not the player should take them out first depends on the situation. Oni demons are made out of stone making them invulnerable to most firearms, forcing players to melee them to death.

Fallen Cyber Angel:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallen_angel
Appearance:Has the body and legs of a Baron of Hell, except with black skin and the head of a human. Their head however has long horns on it. Their body has various cybernetic implants though the placement of their cybernetics very. Their cybernetic back emits a hologram of demon wings.
Takedown tactics:
They are given a variety of tactical abilities at their disposal which they use to their advantage.
There fires is by using their mini missile launcher that they use to blind fire from behind cover which they use quite often as their main method of attacking is to seek cover and fire at the player. Because of their cybernetics they are capable of doing this midrange with decent accuracy. In this case the best way to take these creatures down is to run up to their cover while dodging their shots and then unload on them with the shotgun. This seems to be the most effective method of killing them.
However, the launcher on their arms also is capable of firing proximity mines which they fire at both the walls and floor. This attack is used to limit the players movement, however the player can safely detonate the mines by shooting them.
Their last attack is a telescoping arm blade which they use in close range and in open areas. Usually they use this attack in conjunction with their cybernetic feet(which has jet boosters underneath) which allow them to fly in the air. This allows them to spread out and surround the player, attack him in all directions.
All across the Fallen Cyber Angels body are a series of cybernetic augmentations that serve as armor. The placement of these augmentations very forcing to the player constantly switch where they aim. For this reason it's best to use an accurate weapon to take these guys down.

Keep in mind that this list doesn't include the idea's that I have for boss fights or weapons. If your interested I can give you idea's for those aswell. Let me know.

As I've said the idea's that i've included won't be easy to put into the Doom engine if your willing to use them since most of the enemies have unique with a few of them even having only parts of their body vulnerable(it's possible to do that in the Doom engine since Brutal Doom allows you to target an enemy's head).

Sorry about that. I just thought that you were interested. As for suggestions on how to change the existing content of the game, I honestly don't understand what Gobins and Trolls have to do with Occultism since that's what the game is supposed to be about. The two look out of place, though granted I could be missing something.

Kontra Kommando said:
Here is something I started to create randomly. I had read on wikipedia that in Germanic folklore, imps are lesser goblins. [/B]

http://www.amazon.com/Occult-Powers-Goblins-Fairies-Gnomes-ebook/dp/B005SG3Z6W

Imps are lesser goblins. There's a connection, that's why they're in the game. If I'm going to split hairs on what is occult or not, than people should be complaining about imps being in the game as well.

Besides, they are in fact occult:

https://books.google.com/books?id=c5PNAAAAMAAJ&pg=PA1485&lpg=PA1485&dq=goblins+occult&source=bl&ots=weRqDZPrLI&sig=f_OSovScO-yufvkx9V9KAe3EV_I&hl=en&sa=X&ei=q-4CVefxDsmzggSUj4TICA&ved=0CEUQ6AEwBzgK#v=onepage&q=goblins%20occult&f=false

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/424235/occultism

"Occultism, various theories and practices involving a belief in and knowledge or use of supernatural forces or beings...Those aspects of occultism that appear to be common to all human societies—divination, magic, witchcraft, and alchemy—are treated in depth below. Features that are unique to Western cultures, and the history of their development, are treated only briefly."

They're magical beings, like the imps. They shoot green hell fire from their hands, and have the ability to teleport. Moreover, they've also crossed over from hell with the imps, in Doom. The story is still about hell taking over the moon base, I'm just fleshing out the enemies. Doom already is occult; I just want to expand on it.

Imps, Goblins, Gnomes, Trolls, etc are mythical creatures known as Sprites (not the pixel art; their species are known as sprites)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sprite_%28creature%29

Here's some more progress I've made on the Gate Minion. It's my goal to have him, and the troll complete by this weekend, so hopefully, I could release Beta 3.0.

Randomly, when zombiemen, shotgunguys, and chaingunguys fall down; they will break up into 5 of these little demons.

I have significantly overhauled the spectre. Now, it is an amorphous mist-like entity, that has the same translucency and rendering as the original spectre. Which now will on site dissipate into five spectres of various other monsters in the game, in addition to the original within the random spawn. They are almost like a Pain elemental for various spectres.

Here's what will be coming in beta 3.0

New additons:

Magic powers

-Summon up to 13 Ghost Marine allies, with the conjuration relic
-Spray a jet of fire from your hands with the satanic fire relic, that comes with 666 ammo of magic.

New Monsters

-The Spectre Orb, and various spectre incarnations. A dark entity floats around and on sight will spawn a battalion of various spectre monsters. This sinister black orb that spawn 50% of the time in place of the cacodemon, and 100% of the time in place of the spectre.

As soon as I finish these following sprite sheets, I should be able to produce the next beta. These latest wips are much better interpretations than the ones prior. Another reason why it takes so long, is that I constantly go back, to draw in different nuances. I have significantly changed the way these two creatures look; particularly in the face.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/bpz6mvbl72as1ai/Occultic+Doom+%5BBeta+3.0%5D.zip

Here is beta 3.0

I have decided it was enjoyable enough to release. However, I still have not implemented the troll or the minion. Nevertheless, there is enough new content here for this to be another milestone in the progress of this mod.

BETA 3.0 New Editions:

Two magic spell attacks:

-Flame hands: Spray a jet of flames from your hands

-Conjuration: Summon Ghost Marine Allies

New Monsters:

-Spectre Orb: Unleashes a small wave of spectre versions of various monsters.

New Decorate Items:

-Desecrated Corpses

Blood Overhaul:

-Blood color now consistant with blood color of vanilla sprites.
-Decals on walls and floors are varied.
-More decals spawn on floors and walls.

This will be a semi-automatic weapon. I am thinking of giving it its own custom clip, instead of just regular clip ammo. My reasoning is that if you have this, in addition to the chaingun using the same ammo, it would make both weapons redundant. I will still keep the pistol in the game; I will not omit any of the original content of Doom. I am only adding to it.

I have now created a duel version of the SMG, which shows the side of the gun. I will include this as a weapon in the next update. Moreover, I will make this weapon as a stand-alone download as well.