Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hardcore_gamer

Brutal Half-life

So it has finally happened...

I must say it looks pretty cool. Kind of like if half-life were more like soldier of fortune.

What are your thoughts on this?

2edgy4me. This did not need to exist and I'll choose to live my life without it, just like I lived it till now. I bet many spergy teen boners will be had though. Well, whatever floats your bulge.

dew said:

2edgy4me. This did not need to exist and I'll choose to live my life without it, just like I lived it till now. I bet many spergy teen boners will be had though. Well, whatever floats your bulge.

K, it's just a stupid game.

Anyways, it's nice someone combined Mortal Kombat and Half-Life. It'd be a nice feature if you could hit a button and have Gordon silently sound-out insults at his enemies using his free hands.

I felt the gibbing was already good enough in HL1, I used to enjoy watching the gib pieces fly and spread blood everywhere.

Eh... I did this same thing for Quake (at least as far as OMG MOAR BLOOD AND GIBZ!!!!11!! is concerned) just for shits and giggles. It took me about 20 minutes - including learning enough QuakeC to get it done - and added absolutely zero to the game.

If games are an art form, then mods like this are the equivalent of giving the Mona Lisa a dirty sanchez. I'm not even a massive fan of Half-Life, but I just don't get how it makes the game any better.

I liked it when the zombie got both its arms blown off and then couldn't hurt the player. It's little things like that I appreciate in mods.

I actually don't remember half life not being that bloody. I remember laughing pretty hard at the walls soaked in blood when the army guys popped up around a corner and I lit him up with the machine gun. The walls would be painted in red.

The only thing I noticed much different is there a sort of blood splash animation, corpses can be moved, and limbs can be severed. Is that it?

Anyone remember Scientist Slaughterhouse? That added the ability to chop off scientist's heads and cut them in half. It increased the gore so that organs would leave massive bloody trails as they bounced around. It also added a whole bunch of crazy new weapons as well as enhancing the default ones with new modes and ammunition types. I had so much fun with that one, I must have killed over a hundred thousand of the white coats in that one alone.

Wow Really ? Been waiting for this mod to come out for 2 Years :D i'm so excited >_< ..
EDIT: Btw Door crushed me :P

See it's called "Brutal Half-life", "Brutal" being the key word here.

Had it been called "Half-life Dismemberment and Gore Add-on Pack", nobody would bat an eye.

this mod is mostly inspired from Brutal DOOM :o,it doesn't really enhance the visuals,nor does it change the gameplay (Unlike Brutal DOOM Which changed the gameplay) let's just hope the dev will not ruin it :o .

I demand this excretion to be insulted and slandered because somebody did not like it ! I also demand a nice salad to eat !

Now, it seems i have a reason to install half-life yet again, from a nearly broken non steam disc i bought many years ago...

AirRaid said:

Looks shit and stupid. Much like Brutal Doom.

Like i said it's inspired from Brutal DOOM,However gameplay didn't really change .

Looper said:

Meh, I thought Half-Life had many gore mods already D:

It had,but not like this one where you can cut your enemies into pieces .