Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bond

Doom Explorer - new launcher for Doom

Doom Explorer is a new launcher that is based on IDE (Internet Doom Explorer). Virtually all components of IDE were substantially revised and improved. Among them are:

• A significant increase in the refresh rate of servers
  • Various styles of the program interface
  • Full control over the server and player tables - you can move, resize and hide any column in the table
  • Wads control, selection one of multiple copies with true checksum (if the port allows)
  • Improved support for demos, full display of the demo info (as possible)
  • Significantly redesigned start server page interface, added a large number of parameters
  • Improved support for a single mode for the most popular ports
  • And much more ...

It doesn't accept drag'n'drop, it doesn't recognize the IWADS and shows wads in the list that it finds even in the selected port's folder. Weird.

I'd like to be able to choose my own folders (if any) to initially search rather than the program doing it automatically. Also, no drag and drop is a bit of a killer. If those 2 things were 'fixed' then this would be my go-to launcher... :)

I keep getting "Unexpected end of archive" errors when downloading both installer and zip versions of this tool.

The server refresh speed sure is nice but I'm not very fond of the interface changes. The new panel to the right puts the buttons very far away from other controls and introduces unnecessary dead space.

Common progressions of actions like switching to the multiplayer view and manually refreshing the servers (then perhaps switching back to the chat view) or switching to the chat view and then to a different channel tab are now much less convenient because of the distance between the controls.

rhinoduck said:

The new panel to the right puts the buttons very far away from other controls and introduces unnecessary dead space.

Oh, I totally agree with this, I also found it inconvenient how much mouse pointer needs to travel to reach these buttons.

rather surprising statement, especially from players who continuously move the mouse for hours )