Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jeffo2448

Vertical Auto Aim issue?

Hi all, I was playing The Plutonia Experiment last night on my PC and on the map "The Omen", I noticed I couldn't shoot any enemies on platforms (even if I was up close to them). I had to be level with them to kill. The only gun that would "auto aim" vertically was the BFG. Is this a glitch or has anyone experienced this? It made the level a lot harder to beat on UV. Thanks

Did you play in vanilla executable, or a source port? If the latter, what is your autoaim setting? It might be in "Options: Player Setup" or elsewhere, depending on which port you use. Did you change it anyhow?

I believe it's a source support. I will check shortly. And I think I may have accidentally changed a setting. Hmmm

You should know if you're using a port and which one it is. (Chocolate Doom, PrBoom-plus, ZDoom, GZDoom, Zandronum, Doom Retro, Eternity, 3DGE...)

It's doom skulltag. I tried all variations with turning the auto aim on/off/only monsters and it's still glitchy. Sometimes a cacodemon will be floating in front of me and the hits won't register. I wonder if some of the extracted files are corrupt

Off topic, but you should get aware that Skulltag is a dead port for several years already, and has been replaced and superseded by Zandronum. Zandronum doesn't contain Skulltag-specific actors by default anymore, but they're in skulltag_actors.pk3, which you can load as a PWAD.

I'm experiencing a similar problem. While playing memorial.wad, I notice that when I load a save file, the auto aim doesn't work.
I mean, got really close to an imp, shot it with my SSG at point blank range, and the shot somehow managed to miss it completely. Some shots didn't register while others simply passed through the imp and hit the wall/ ground.
Turning off auto aim fixed the problem but I want to know what caused it in the first place.

P.S: I'm using Zandronum and turning auto aim back on causes the problem again.