Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Boingo

Dark Nation's Caco World

I remember Dark Nation had a mod idea years ago for world entirely populated with cacodemons, but not just the standard caco. The mod was going to have a wide variety of cacodemon species, making it a sort of hostile ecosystem. The standard caco would be there, but there would also be tiny swarming cacos, cacos running on the floor, massive warrior cacos, and a cacodemon queen (of course).

I do not know if he ever implemented his idea.

{{EDIT: Oops! This was supposed to be a reply on the "How Do Cacos Fly" thread, but I hit the "Post New Thread" button instead of the "Post Reply" by mistake.

I guess this makes a decent thread though, because it was a good mod idea, and I do wonder if DN ever followed through on it.}}

I was expecting a Caco themed amusement park... not gonna lie the disappointment is heavy on my heart.

I remember there being some sort of fugly ZDaemon coop/survival mashup WAD that seemed populated exclusively with red, green, blue, yellow, grey etc. cacodemons as well as with practically all Bestiary derivatives of the cacodemon. The WAD also used the infamous "Xtreme Weapons DX" mod and every caco needed about 200 fast bullets to die. Needless to say, I played a grand total of 1 minute of it.

What about a wad full of angered Pain Elementals, whose Lost Souls evolve into new Pain Elementals after they kill enough of their siblings? That might make an interesting model of natural selection if you let them infight forever.