Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
yakfak

new tracks looking for maps

(I'm back from teh dead for the time being)

got a bunch of dusty MIDIs sitting around not being soundtracks for anything: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
(if these weird you out then try to hold on to that feeling and stay weird for good)

if you use these tunes in your maps, credit "Zan-zan-zawa-veia" and PM me a copy!

Here's a zip with all the MIDIs in it for those of you who don't like clicking 10 seperate links. Interesting stuff, I must say: I'll have to see how well it fits in some of my maps. :)

Interesting stuff, unfortunately they don't really fit into the maps i'm working on atm. I like the, i assume intentional, dissonance in some of those songs.
Track 8 is the shit plus i'm really diggin the bassline there.

Thanks for checking them out - I know these aren't exactly yer standard DOOM tunes but, given the success of things like BTSX and Resurgence, both with fairly exploratory soundtracks, I hope the door for more expressive MIDI music in wad files is starting to open, haha

Thank you for sharing these, it's been a ZZZV soundtrack Friday morning for me. Not a track I didn't like, and XENO11 and K_DONUT are simply fantastic! BTW, BRICKDAD sounds like something mouldy could have written. ;)

@tourniquet: surely you mean #9 (XENO11)? That's a wicked, wicked, wicked killer bassline all right.

Thanks Never_Again. for my part I often watch your DSDA demos to find more old-school levels that might suit my taste!

I've now put all these tunes up on https://yakfaktory.wordpress.com along with a few exclusive ones, and do plan to keep it updated! shameless bumparoonie

These are really, really good. Pretty jazzy, which you might not immediately associate with Doom, but then Doom 2 had a lot of jazzy music itself so it all works out IMO.

Actually thinking of using "SNACKBAR.MID" for a vanilla map I've had sitting around since 2012 or so that didn't have any custom music up until now... and I'm coming up with random ideas for maps out of "zzzv - crater.mid", to boot.

Shadow Hog said:

These are really, really good. Pretty jazzy, which you might not immediately associate with Doom, but then Doom 2 had a lot of jazzy music itself so it all works out IMO.

Actually thinking of using "SNACKBAR.MID" for a vanilla map I've had sitting around since 2012 or so that didn't have any custom music up until now... and I'm coming up with random ideas for maps out of "zzzv - crater.mid", to boot.

excellent! I'd love to see a map where snackbar actually fit as music, haha

Thank you very much! I might use some of these, they sound awesome, and are a difference from the standard stuff I would otherwise use. Once again, thank you!