Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
999cop

.:LvL "Windowar" - by Hellbent

Windowar - by Hellbent (DM/Tourney 4 - 6 player) Download here

Unique layout this map having. There are 3 hallways located next to each other with long windows between each one, that allows players to seek and shoot strategically between them. Most of the level, open-air areas and main corridors, is bulky pieces of the oldschool green dull textures which gets dreadfully repetitive and naturaly helps to confuse sights with green-skin objectives. However, the texturing of the plasma room is definitely an exception, filling with red shiny feelings. Additionally, in the upgraded version, author has re-decorated the layout putting sprites of lamps everywhere to increase its eye candy level. Weapons and ammos and items are spreaded about the map evenly fair. Going through door entering into the room is the only way to pick up your precious plasma rifle that can be enjoyable, though super shotgun is the main weapon to dominate at certain open field. So there isn't really much of a point camping at or keeping your opponents from there, instead you shall keep an eye on the respawn spots for more frags. Stimpaks and medikits are on your way when the situation is necessary. Tactics are required and determined with bullet-type weapons using techniques of "swing shot" or "hide-and-seek". FFA can turn into aggressively annoying once people are being plasma-addicted-whores. Bots somehow love to lean on the windows straightly for sniper-ing. Wallrunning is applied on both ending sides of the wall and in some corridors.

Definitely worth a download and have a decent SSG match.

Reviewed by 999cop

The reason I'm posting it in here it's because since this map has been on topic in General section in the first place. Therefore I suppose this would get more viewing than being in Multi section, but moderators should move it back to where it should belong, once the passion fades away gradually.

Thanks 999cop =)

You're a good reviewer. 'Mind reviewing any more of my maps? Don't feel you have to say it's worth the download. I consider myself still an amateur DMer and thus an amateur mapper for DM. The things you pointed out in the review I was sort of aware of, but not really conscious of them. It very well maybe the wad gets old real quick. Let me know if you want to review another one.

Nice tinting around the edges on that screenie.

Thanks again.

The review format looks professional, the review ain't bad either :P (and neither is the map) oh well, Heh.