Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Brollixx

Doom 3 System requirements?

Does anyone know what the system requirements will be aruond for doom 3? Im 16 and i have no job, no allowance, so with my and my bro's money we can get our 2 comps to an 800 mhz and a 1.7, would this run it?

It needs a 386 with 10 mb free hard drive space and a functioning sound card. Have fun!

Brollixx said:

Does anyone know what the system requirements will be aruond for doom 3? Im 16 and i have no job, no allowance, so with my and my bro's money we can get our 2 comps to an 800 mhz and a 1.7, would this run it?

DOOM III FORUM.

Alright smartarses, you're not scoring any points for tardfucking the newbie ok?

Ok, brollixx, if you mean a 1.7ghz and an 800mhz then heh, yeah and probably respectively. More important is your graphics card and RAM. Let's see what the Doom3 forum regulars can tell you.

for vid cards a gf3 or any GFti will do very nice, but for the love of god don't buy a GF MX for doom3. for RAM 256 might do it but 512 will do it even better. that with a 40gb hd and up will be great.

Minimum system requirements :

Pentium 3 or 4 or AMD 800mhz
256mb ram
Geforce 2 or 3

Maximum system requirements :
Pentium 2 ghz or AMD 2 ghz
526 ram or 1 gig ram
Geforce 4 TI 4600 with 128 mb ram

Sorry, that's inaccurate. These are the latest known minimum requirements:

Pentium 3 700MHz +
128MB memory
GeForce1 or Radeon 7000 or better required.

Recommended:

More MHz than that.
More memory than that.
GeForce3 or Radeon 8500 or better.

AndrewB said:

Sorry, that's inaccurate. These are the latest known minimum requirements:

Pentium 3 700MHz +
128MB memory
GeForce1 or Radeon 7000 or better required.

Recommended:

More MHz than that.
More memory than that.
GeForce3 or Radeon 8500 or better.

MY Recommendations:

2 ghz
1 gig ram
Geforce 4 TI 4600

SYSTEM REQS:
Computer
Hope that solves your problem.
Nah, just kidding.

Lord FlatHead said:

Doomboy, what in the name of God do you think you're doing ?

Being himself...

There are no official system requirement afaik (and official system reqs usually show up very late before the game's release).

My advice to you is that you just sit tight and wait until Doom 3 has gone gold before bying anything for your comps.

Just save your money and upgrade when it will come out.
If the system is really shitty and it can`t even run today`s game.well,you have to choose between DOOM3 and other game.there are no safe way to upgade your system and be able to make sure that it will run DOOM3 smoothly now.

there are no safe way to upgade your system and be able to make sure that it will run DOOM3 smoothly now.

Heh, I'd think that if you bought the best system you can possibly get now, it would be able to run Doom 3 quite happily:)

I rather think that with a full install of Doom 3, on a P4 2.2ghz with whatever the latest motherboard is, a GeForce4 Ti 4600, and a couple of gigs of RAM, that even with every single graphical option turned up in Doom 3 it will still run pretty damned fast.

Im going to save up my money until the first doom3test is released. I'll run it on this machine to check out how it runs. Then I'll upgrade accordingly ;)

I don't want to blow all my cash only to find out that I didn't need to.

GiXeLz said:

I don't want to blow all my cash only to find out that I didn't need to.

Well, you wouldn't "blow" your cash even if you got more powerful hardware than what might be needed - it would run Doom 3 at highest settings like a dream and ensure that you wouldn't need to upgrade again for quite a long while.

computers aren't the only thing that cost money. I need to prioritize my spending.

I need to make this system stretch as far as possible

I'm planning to buy a Athlon XP 1900+ (1.6GHz), 0.5 GB RAM (DDR2700), GeForce 3 Ti 500, ATA133 IDE HDD with KT333 chipset and hope to OC it up to 2 GHz (or maybe more).

I hope that this machine can run DOOM 3 coz I can't wait until the Test comes.. My PC is just TOOOO old..

My PC doesn't even have a graphics accelerator so I currently have no chance :)

For Doom 3- the best thing is to wait for the reviews and benchmarks on it, as has been said before. My guess for getting the optimal performance in Doom 3 (depending on drivers and other tweaks) is:

1.4 gigahertz processor or higher, 512 meg+ of ram and the top of the line card by the end of 2003. This may be the NV30 or another enhanced version of it, same thing for ATI's R300.

Hell, maybe those cards will have their successors out when Doom 3 launches. Some surprises will occur in benchmarks, so all we can do is wait and see.

Hmm.. I don't think so..

The DOOM III engine STILL WAS made with GeForce 3 and I belive that GeForce 3 will be the good card enough to run it. If I buy Ti 500 then I belive that it DOES RUN DOOM. So, graphics card wont be a problem.

Also. 1.6GHz CPU with .5G DDR2700 RAM should be good enough. And when they aren't.. I can always OC 'em ;)

Bear in mind that Doom 3 will run on the X-Box. If you have hardware that meets or exceeds that console's specs, you should be fine.

bigbadgangsta said:

MY Recommendations:

2 ghz
1 gig ram
Geforce 4 TI 4600

Somehow I doubt you'll need all that, even though it's not coming out for a year they'll be careful to make sure they don't bypass the market for slightly older machines. Absolute minimum spec will be close to what AndrewB said, and anything more is a bonus.

I think that recommended will be:

1 GHz (Pentium III class) CPU
256 MB RAM
GeForce 3

coz the 1 GHz P3 is CPU what nVidia recommended for GF3