Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hardcore_gamer

Bitdefender blocks doomworld for some reason

It shows how old this FAQ is that they still plug Spybot as a good antispyware program. It got extremely bloatware-y a few updates ago IIRC.

hardcore_gamer said:

Is bitdefender just crazy or is something on Doomworld???

Have you checked the Parental Control settings? :P

It's most likely a case of Doomworld being miss-reported as a malware site, has happened before. Is there an option in Bitdefender to override blocking for nominated sites?

GreyGhost said:

Have you checked the Parental Control settings? :P

It's most likely a case of Doomworld being miss-reported as a malware site, has happened before. Is there an option in Bitdefender to override blocking for nominated sites?

No joke, I have seen home web filters block Doomworld for "profanity" because it has this comment in the source code:

<!-- START TABLE TO GET SHIT AWAY FROM THE SIDES -->
I recommended somebody remove that from the code just for that reason but I still see it there.

Weird, I have Bitdefender, yet it appears I'm on Doomworld, therefore your statement is false. Never had to add it to any 'allowed site' list either.

STUFF is a good substitute for SHIT. None of the clarity from the code comment will be lost and STUFF won't flag touchy anti-malware software the way SHIT does.