Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooMBoy

The Disciples of D'Sparil

I've been wondering what it is that they keep mumbling and chanting to themselves?

One thing i remember is "There he is!" The other incantation is odd, sort of "I'm stepping on your feet!" but that can't be it.

D'Sparil has one of the coolest death sequences, huh? Kill his dragon first, then finally get him, he screams wildly while he has some sort of electrified dismemberment, and then his bones rattle to the floor. :)

Mancubus. We're working our way into Poll territory here.

I just love that 'crack' of a Revenant's bones:)
The Imp 'squished' by the Rocket Launcher is nice too.

Erik said:all the gib sequences

My faves too, followed by the Baron of Hell (and I love his departure sound, too)

Ahh, yes, shoving 20 lead pellets into the brittle bones of the revenent and watch and listen to him crack and crumble.

Spike said:

Mancubus. We're working our way into Poll territory here.

Look at the replies before mine. Can you think of a better way to keep this thing on-topic? :P

D'sparils minions says:

"Citereh eth yortsed"

Played backwards, they say "Destroy the heretic".

As for the death frames, Mancubus.

So THAT's what they're saying. Ah. /me feels enlightened
As to the death sequence, the Caco has the coolest, the weird gurgling sound he makes when he splits open and and all his internal organs and his eye fall out, leaving a bloody mess.

The Archvile's death sequence is pish. It folds up into a nice neat corpse, how dumb is that.

Mancubus death sequence owns though.

Let's not forget the Arachnotron, either.
Head explodes, legs collapse and the whole rig goes down sideways into a metallic, bloody mess. Quite cool. And his death sound sounds awesome.

Dont forget the chaingunner death sequence. Watching his head split open is very satisfying, especially since I hate the little buggers.

The marine's own death sequence is pretty cool also.

As to the death sequence, the Caco has the coolest, the weird gurgling sound he makes when he splits open and and all his internal organs and his eye fall out, leaving a bloody mess

Leave the cacos alone!
/me starts a caco sanctuary.

Heh, speaking of disciples, the chanting of the Dark Bishops from HeXen (they are very similar to the Heretic disciples imo) sound very much like they say "Herraus" which is German and means "Get out!" :-P
Of course that's probably not what they are meant to be saying (I have to try and play that backwards sometime).

They say something else, but I haven't played that backwards either so I don't know whether they actually say anything.

pritch said:

Ah, yes, but what's the best death sequence in Doom?

head got bitten off by a demon but you can still stay alive and run around without it

o_O

or gib blowing away once you get blasted by the rocket from the top of the ledge on Dwango5 map1