Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Blastfrog

The lost Deimos base obscured by a UAC shipping crate! What could it possibly mean?

It's something only a mod could find funny.

But personally, I see it as an omen of destruction.

Pretty soon we'll be just like Sonic Retro with a load of weird scripts and music and sound effects and Doomguy.exe and emerald hunting and god knows what.

SODAHOLIC'S AMAZING SPECULATION OR SOMETHING: This has something to do with TSoZD? Heh, yeah, I wish.

Jaxxoon R said:

It's something only a mod could find funny. But personally, I see it as an omen of destruction. Pretty soon we'll be just like Sonic Retro with a load of weird scripts and music and sound effects and Doomguy.exe and emerald hunting and god knows what.

I figure you're probably kidding, but I feel like answering seriously anyway just because I can.

I don't get the feeling that the site staff has any inclination to turn this place into a script-hell. Mere unobtrusive cosmetic changes that you wouldn't even notice were out of place if you were a first-time visitor don't seem very irresponsible to me. As for Retro's scripts? Those are obtrusive as all hell and have no respect for the users, and it seems as though the admins have no intention of changing their philosophy on what is or isn't considerate script usage.

rf` said:

Seeing this thing in april sure gets me agitated!

Oh. I feel foolish now, of course that's what it was referencing. Not surprised that I didn't get the reference, seeing as I didn't really follow the event.

If MAP29 had won, would the banner depict a player skipping the cyberdemon battle?

It would depict torches, I guess. With a cavernous background that's recognizably from MAP29.