Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SyntherAugustus

Piled up lines.

It's because ZDoom maps use the Hexen level format. WinTex doesn't support that format so it doesn't know how to read those maps.

boris said:

That's what the "Hexen" button is for.

Yes but it doesn't support them under "Doom" mode so you can't really do anything with the WAD but look at it's maps.

Um.. I think you can use a doom2.wad that is converted to Hexen format for the Hexen mode.

boris said:

Um.. I think you can use a doom2.wad that is converted to Hexen format for the Hexen mode.

Heh, well, of course, but that requires quite a bit of converting, plus the texture palettes don't match.

I played hexen using zdoom and the colors were fucked up. The two headed thingy was a pain-elemental and the sewer dude was a spiderdemon. It's going to need a big ass conversion to fix these probs.

RailGunner said:

I played hexen using zdoom and the colors were fucked up. The two headed thingy was a pain-elemental and the sewer dude was a spiderdemon. It's going to need a big ass conversion to fix these probs.

ROFL

A big ass conversion indeed.

Railgunner you fail to use the newest ZDoom, and even on top of that, you're using iwads like pwads. Crimony, I don't want to be around here in my Addidas when there's so much bullshit on the floor.

Lüt said:

Heh, well, of course, but that requires quite a bit of converting, plus the texture palettes don't match.

Wrong. Take doom2.wad, take zwadconv.exe, use zwadconv.exe on doom2.wad and tadaaaa, you got a perfectly fine doom2.wad with levels in Hexen format.

RailGunner said:

I think Hexen support in zdoom is not quite finished, but you must have made the mistake deadnail talks about. Use zdoom -iwad hexen.wad and it should be OK. Use the latest beta on zdoom.notgod.com/ftp.

boris said:

Wrong. Take doom2.wad, take zwadconv.exe, use zwadconv.exe on doom2.wad and tadaaaa, you got a perfectly fine doom2.wad with levels in Hexen format.

Wrong. It is not perfectly fine. It is Hexened fine.

Heh. Joking around.

also i think its for editing protection the program has to mess up the map for you so you wont be able to edit it its like some older maps have a "lock " on them so people cant fool around with the maps

hypr said:

also i think its for editing protection the program has to mess up the map for you so you wont be able to edit it its like some older maps have a "lock " on them so people cant fool around with the maps

ive never seen anything like that.

i have seen wintex and xwe screw up at displaying maps, but whenever i load into deepsea or deth, they display fine