Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Memfis

Who is good at using prefabs?

I can't find much use for the prefab feature in editors. Does anyone use it extensively with good results?

I've never really looked too deep into it. I've had a hard enough time copying and pasting things that I've adapted to just drawing identical sectors on my own instead of copying and pasting.

How does doombuilder handle floor and ceiling heights for prefabs? Can you make a 64x64 gate sector for teleport pads? You could only use it in rooms of a certain ceiling height for it to look right, right?

I use prefabs every so often.

Just make sure to tick the Flloor and Ceiling heights checkbox

Otherwise, depending on map complexity, you may have to adjust a lot of heights.

And sometimes you need to employ the Make Sector Mode tool to split some sector asignments.

Eternal said that the only prefab he uses is a 8x8 square. I have no idea how is it useful. Maybe it was a joke.

Memfis said:

8x8 square. I have no idea how is it useful.

I do - all kinds of wall (borderline) pillars, bars or rods, can be frequent within a map, and then it probably helps to insert an 8x8 square prefab and do a quick work with it (delete the inside, change height, change texture, resize width...), rather than manually decreasing map grid and drawing it from scratch every time.