Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jaxxoon R

Am I the Only One Underwhelmed by P.T.?

So many folks I've seen praise the game for it's atmosphere and its puzzle, and I've seen so many videos of people being scared by it. But through the entirety of the game it failed to catch my interest, and I couldn't help but be reminded of the glut of Unity horror games. The gameplay literally consists of wandering around in the same hall and bathroom, finding existential gibberish written in foreign languages vaguely telling you how to win.

Which basically consists of: "make the baby pile cry, walk ten paces north, stop on your right foot-- don't forget it, then scream into the microphone, then answer the phone, then scream into the phone, then finally pelvic thrust out the front door." It's almost that absurd.

The one foe you encounter in the game is basically a slenderman, its a ghost that randomly either spazzes away into a wall or kills you dead-- and there's nothing you can do about it. No question.

The horror elements are alrightish. There's nothing really Narm-inducing, but at the same time nothing really has any context or drive. Again, it's all just Unity-esq uncreative spooky setpieces, excluding the "I SAID--- LOOK BEHIND YOU!" bit with the radio.

I dunno, maybe I'm just a bad person with bad taste in games. Or maybe others here share this opinion, what do you think?

Jaxxoon R said:

I dunno, maybe I'm just a bad person with bad taste in games

nah, different people just get into different things thats all

raymoohawk said:

playable teaser (for sillent hills)

Oh right, now I remember. I've never personally played it but I watched lets play the YouTube, it looked pretty interesting.

Technician said:

There hasn't been a good Silent Hill game since the third installment.

I agree with this statement, Silent Hill 1-3 is my favorite. Although I tolerate Silent Hill 4: The Room. Recent titles have been very mediocre.

A trailer/teaser is supposed to grab your attention and get you excited for the final product, this did the exact opposite.

There's also the fact that everyone was hyping this up so much and it didn't deliver.

Oh lets plays. You've gotta get caught up in things. Back when I did lets plays people would complain that I wouldn't say a damn thing. One person said its like watching a mime play video games.

Anyway, as for scary games, its a coin flip. You've gotta be an idiot to get caught up in things. Like I'll get caught up in a scary game until the first death. Then its just another game and I have an objective and its time to do it.

I'm pretty much indifferent towards P.T. I might check out the full game at some point its released, but it's not very high on my list.

Technician said:

There hasn't been a good Silent Hill game since the third installment.

I still haven't gotten round to playing it, but isn't Shattered Memories supposed to be good?

BTW there are quite a few people who didn't like the third game, either.

Jaxxoon R said:

There's also the fact that everyone was hyping this up so much and it didn't deliver.

It's free and it's YouTuber LP bait. The hype is proportional to what it is given the cotext.

Jaxxoon R said:

A trailer/teaser is supposed to grab your attention and get you excited for the final product, this did the exact opposite.

4 U

I heard it's terrifying the first time through if played late at night in the dark, volume cranked, and you're really high.