Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
IMJack

Fourth of July

What will you be doing on July 4th? (Check all that apply)  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What will you be doing on July 4th? (Check all that apply)

• Screaming and ranting in a patriotic frenzy
    • Cowering in fear of terrorists/rioters/other
    • Blowing up a major landmark/population center/infrastructure
    • Blowing up a minor part of your street/driveway/front lawn
    • Eating the seared flesh of mammals/poultry/fish
    • Laughing at the silly Americans

I'll probably sleep through it and yell at anybody who wakes me up.

IMJack said:

So, what're your plans for the 4th?

To sit on my ass and vegetate. :P
And probably mow the yard again for the 4000th time. :P

Lüt said:

I'll probably sleep through it and yell at anybody who wakes me up.

Heh sounds like me. They'll get yelled at if they're lucky :P

Hellbent said:

LOL@Smokebox' signature. I AM PATHETICALLY STUPID AND SEEM TO LIKE REALLY LONG SIGNATURES

Who done it? Me or Mod?

Me :)

I'll be pondering why America is one of the only countries in the world to write dates backwards.

i.e 9/11/2001 to everyone else (though people DO know what you're talking about, as they can read American dates) reads as "The ninth of November, 2001"

Pretty much everyone else writes: Day/Month/Year e.g. 21st/3/2002. The twenty-first of March, 2002.

Why write month/day/year?

Livo said:

I'll be pondering why America is one of the only countries in the world to write dates backwards.

I take it you chose the last box, then. :)

None of the above. I'll be sitting in front of Flathead Lake lighting fireworks for hours while the crowd watches. We are paid in leftover fireworks! :D POP! "ooo" Crackle! "aaa"

Get this:
Last night my brother and Dad decided to light a few fireworks early so we did. In a few minutes the people across the road come over onto our land and TOLD US TO STOP LIGHTING FIREWORKS!!! Dad told them to get off our land and that we would do what we saw fit.

Livo said:

Why write month/day/year?

Because it makes sense and that's how you speak dates aloud?

I haven't heard anyone say dates like that here at all. Do you say "March the ninth, 2002"?

Livo said:

I haven't heard anyone say dates like that here at all. Do you say "March the ninth, 2002"?

March ninth, 2002.

"What is the date?"
"July thirty first."
"M-hmm... and where am I?"
"Dan's."
"Alright... and what is the total again?"
"Thirty three fifteen."
"Mmm, thanks... and what's the date today?"
[quiet sobbing]

I've often heard them say "the fourth of July" in England and elsewhere - I guess it's just a matter of culture.
The Americans say "July the fourth" because they're used to it that way - simple.

Laughing at the silly Americans

What? Is that the only option for us foreigners? Why should we be laughing at "the silly Americans"? This is one of their holidays which actually makes sense - besides, we have lots of other silly holidays in our part of the world.

Me? I'll probably mind my own business. If I remember it, I might wish the Americans on these forums "happy fourth of July" :-P

Screaming and ranting in a patriotic frenzy - 0
Laughing at the silly Americans - 10

ROFL

I'll be working during the daytime. And trying to explain to the unhappy parents of crying children, the half-drunk teenagers, and the crotchety old retired military officers why my store isn't selling Ground Bloomers this year. (Have I been obsessed with my work lately?)

Thanks to the drought, the living kindling that's growing everywhere, the big scary terries that everyone's afraid of, and our wicked Mormon masters, anything with more bang than a Ground Bloomer is banned from civilian hands this holiday. So I'll be stuck watching the crappy public displays from my porch on the Fourth.

well bbq might come, but then again there is a heatwave. I would be blowing up my front yard as well as my fingers, but our last mayor banned fireworks. gotta hit chinatown soon b4 all the black market stuff is gone.

Im going to fast in honor of the blacks, women, and native Americans who were NOT freed on independence day

wait, thats what i did thanksgiving...

Doom II Guy said:

BAH that's not true.

Guess what grade school kids do on recess. Besides play. :P *MMWARF!*

My plans were; watch CNN...buy a brand new laptop and connect a new ASDL line for the Cnn.com...

But I couldn't find the switch.

Maybe if I'd have bothered to even think about such rubbish, I'd take the option to laugh anyone who did take it seriously.

KoolKat said:

Guess what grade school kids do on recess. Besides play. :P *MMWARF!*

Have gay sex?