Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
AD_79

A few 2-3 hour speedmaps

So over the past while (as in three weeks) I've made a few speedmaps, each within the time period of 2-3 hours. There are four in total here, and I think some of them turned out quite well.

Here's the download if you want it, boom compat (complevel 9), balanced for pistol starts.

FDAs. Great looking, fun, stylish small maps, doubly so incredible for being speedmaps. Each of them has a different and well-working theme, and you get all my praise for that, unfortunately they're same-y in gameplay. That's my only gripe, it's so same-y that it feels generic despite extreme fanciness, and I'm starting to feel underwhelmed by sets of all short maps in this same spirit without any particularly surprising / inventive idea for gameplay. MAP04 had the most interesting texturing, but the least interesting gameplay, IMO. That's it - good work!

Yeah, I do need to try and change gameplay up, do more interesting things, play it less safely, etc.

scifista42 said:

FDAs. Great looking, fun, stylish small maps, doubly so incredible for being speedmaps. Each of them has a different and well-working theme, and you get all my praise for that, unfortunately they're same-y in gameplay. That's my only gripe, it's so same-y that it feels generic despite extreme fanciness, and I'm starting to feel underwhelmed by sets of all short maps in this same spirit without any particularly surprising / inventive idea for gameplay. MAP04 had the most interesting texturing, but the least interesting gameplay, IMO. That's it - good work!

Each screenshot has liquid in the middle, so I'm not surprised.