Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pcorf

Having trouble with DECORATE

Adding a monster to Doomed Space Wars. But no matter what I do I keep running into problems and it keeps crashing on startup. Double checked everything and I know it is 100% correct. What do I do, remove it?

FRUSTRATING!

Just before the "Pain:" state label, you have a SIKT See which I guess should be Goto See.

ZDoom interprets "See" as the sprite frame sequence, and then it expects to find the state duration but gets the Pain label.

Gez said:

Just before the "Pain:" state label, you have a SIKT See which I guess should be Goto See.

ZDoom interprets "See" as the sprite frame sequence, and then it expects to find the state duration but gets the Pain label.

Tried everything and now I get this:

R_InstallSprite: Sprite SIKT frame A is missing rotations.

Getting closer to giving up.

That means you have, for example, something like SIKTA1 but not SIKTA2, SIKTA3, SIKTA4, SIKTA5, etc.

Gez said:

That means you have, for example, something like SIKTA1 but not SIKTA2, SIKTA3, SIKTA4, SIKTA5, etc.

They are all in there. And I am getting VERY frustrated.

I've tried everything. It shows up in Doom Builder no worries. I think I will remove the monster and sprites from wad and delete all decorate info.

This is a grey hell knight. BOSS is now SIKT. I am very sure this is all correct. But Zdoon does not care, not one bit.

ACTOR Sithhellknight : BaronOfHell 30069
{
Health 750
-BOSSDEATH
Speed 8
Radius 24
PainChance 50
Mass 1000
Meleedamage 15
+FLOORCLIP
SeeSound "sith/sight"
PainSound "sith/pain"
DeathSound "sith/death"
ActiveSound "sith/active"
MeleeSound "baron/melee"
REACTIONTIME 8
MONSTER
Obituary "%o cound not hide from the Sith Hell Knight's plasma."
HitObituary "%o was zapped lifeless by a Sith Hell Knight."
States
{
Spawn:
SIKT AB 10 A_Look
Loop
See:
SIKT AABBCCDD 10 A_Chase
Loop
Melee:
SIKT EF 8 A_FaceTarget
SIKT G 8 A_MeleeAttack
Goto See
Missile:
SIKT EF 8 A_FaceTarget
SIKT G 8 A_BruisAttack
Goto See
Pain:
SIKT H 2
SIKT H 2 A_Pain
Goto See
Death:
SIKT I 8
SIKT J 8 A_Scream
SIKT K 8
SIKT L 8 A_Fall
SIKT MN 8
SIKT O -1
Stop
Raise:
SIKT ONMLKJI 8
Goto See
}
}

I copied the info from a monster in another wad and renamed it to SITK and still no help.

I have no choice but to delete now.

So bloody frustrating when all the info is correct and I have double checked everything.

Obsidian said:

Maybe upload an example? It's easier to deduce what's wrong if it's in front of you.

Here is the possible problem.

It is like this in the wad.

SIKTA1
SIKTA2
SIKTA3
SIKTA4
SIKTA5

But it should be like this.

SIKTA1
SIKTA2A8
SIKTA3A7
SIKTA4A6
SIKTA5

Don't rant about giving up so easily. Wads, sprites and DECORATE codes don't hate you and they don't try to put you down. There must exist a solution, and it's probably trivial. This kind of technical problem is usually caused by a small oversight and is easy to fix once you find it out.

EDIT: ^Yes, that's the problem - all rotation numbers 1-8 must be present. Only numbers 1-5 obviously aren't enough.

scifista42 said:

Don't rant about giving up so easily. Wads, sprites and DECORATE codes don't hate you and they don't try to put you down. There must exist a solution, and it's probably trivial. This kind of technical problem is usually caused by a small oversight and is easy to fix once you find it out.

EDIT: ^Yes, that's the problem - all rotation numbers 1-8 must be present. Only numbers 1-5 obviously aren't enough.

Yep its fixed and working perfectly. Silly me. We learn new things every day.