Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DeathevokatioN

2015 Youtube layout... ugh!!!

Why did they change it again? I can't even find my inbox now, I'm waiting for a really important message and I've been searching for an hour!

Just thought I needed to get this off my chest, but this new layout sucks and is too complicated and for little reason, and does anyone know if it's even possible to check your messages?

EDIT: Finally I found a tutorial that was from 2015, if anyone else is interested, here's a link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pq9JfImu7tY&safe=active

All the web's slowly shifting from tablet-friendly to tablet-focused designs. Welcome to the new era of desktop/laptop browsing.

But DeathevokatioN, l0l, t3h NEW and ENHANCED des1gn must be undoubtedly more ADVANCED and s1 better at t4k1ng advantage of all d33ze c00l new t3kn0l0g1es like facekoob and iPhone. u need to catch up wif de times lol

I had to bookmark my channel once I discovered it several months ago because I have no idea how to access it otherwise, via YT or G+. If that's not bad design then I don't know what is.

Also the glorified start menu on Win 8.1 is retarded.

The profile avatar to get to your own settings and channel has been in the top right of the screen for a very long time now, and the drop down list on the left top corner just needs a click to see a list of subscriptions and profile information.

To me it just seems to be an irrelevant small change. Somthing one understands after looking at the sreen for 0.5 seconds.

Why fix something if it's not broken though? It's ironic that a lot of the changes made to sites and software are suppose to be more user friendly for idiots at the same time confusing the hell out of people who know what the fuck they're doing. Blows my mind.

Cyanosis said:

I had to bookmark my channel once I discovered it several months ago because I have no idea how to access it otherwise, via YT or G+. If that's not bad design then I don't know what is.

Let's not forget to mention Google Chrome's new 'Enhanced Bookmark star' feature. How in sweet mother of fucking god do you fuck up favorites and make it so complicated, well done you autistic chaps.

Fortunately their is a top secret method to reverse this abomination.

Read on and you to can safely bookmark the Internets!
http://www.omgchrome.com/disable-chromes-new-bookmark-manager/

Only thing that really frustrates me about youtube's layout and functionality is the fact that the recommended video section only seems to work for a couple days at a time. 80% of the time it only shows one or two videos or does not even show at all.

What makes me cranky is it started ********ing another video when the one I'm watching is done. ******** in any context is horrible. We should persecute developers guilty of building ********.

btw does anyone else have this problem where sometimes you click to expand some comment or to reply, and suddenly the page reloads?

FireFish said:

To me it just seems to be an irrelevant small change. Somthing one understands after looking at the sreen for 0.5 seconds.

If you consider that "the user shouldn't be expected to know how to use the browser's functions" is now a perfectly normal app design requirement, you'll realize that there's no such thing as an "irrelevant small change".

Memfis said:

btw does anyone else have this problem where sometimes you click to expand some comment or to reply, and suddenly the page reloads?

All the time. It really frustrates me. It even does it if you thumbs up a comment. And half the time the video starts over from the beginning instead of resuming from where it was, like it should. What the hell's up with that?

I don't really update my computers often so browsing YouTube has gotten slower and slower and more tedious to find specific videos. I've been meaning to build my own YouTube channel put of playlists made up of other peoples videos so I can watch them on the YouTube app on my tv which is way faster but the process of checking a video to see if its any good, watching ads, loading all the comments and related videos and all the special effects takes way longer to assemble the channel than to just watch videos aimlessly on my tv

It's a shame because there's some pretty great content hidden somewhere in there but its too strenuous for me to find it.

40oz said:

watching ads

You could use Firefox with addblock + or the much lighter bluhell firewall plugin (not both at the same time.), it blocks all those commercials on many sites. it would be up to you to who you grant the advertisement views.

Fulgrim said:

Only thing that really frustrates me about youtube's layout and functionality is the fact that the recommended video section only seems to work for a couple days at a time. 80% of the time it only shows one or two videos or does not even show at all.

I never really understood how the recommended video mechanic worked, I could watch a video for one second and leave and then videos from that channel will be recommended or I could have watched 10 videos from another channel and never get a recommendation for its other videos.

I don't like seeing shitty REACT or Minecraft videos on a video for related videos that is clearly Doom.

How long ago did YouTube take away the ability to shuffle your playlist? My wife and I created a YouTube account together and we made a playlist of music videos of 80s/90s songs that we like and we were excited about the idea of watching them on the tv, like we were basically recreating MTV from 25 years ago but without the ads, but apparently you can only select the shuffle feature on the computer, which jumps to videos in your list in a random order, but the playlist still retains the original order. The YouTube app on my tv wont do that so I have to watch them in the same order everytime.

I noticed you can sort them by popularity or upload date, and I can shuffle them around manually one by one, but within a few days we have some 200+ videos already. That's a lot of work!!

I wanted to change my avatar there yesterday, but accidently created some google+ account. It said "Change" in the avatar image, so I thought I change my avatar from clicking it...

Google/Youtube are simply trying to stay too far ahead of the pack these days. They think that by adding features that they think people will like or constantly trying to improve on everything, it will keep their competitors from taking any market share Google/Youtube currently owns. What they fail to realize is that by adapting that kind of business strategy, they will start to loose their position in the market. Because they are actively frustrating customers by making so many changes.

If I owned a site like Dailymotion, I'd be aggressively pushing my website. Sure I probably won't dethrone Youtube, but I could at least bite into their share of the market.

40oz said:

How long ago did YouTube take away the ability to shuffle your playlist?

I don't recall it ever being a playlist function, just a playback function.

I especially love how the front page takes 20+ seconds to load, it's so user friendly! Oh, and the constant freezing when going into fullscreen, reloading when I didn't click reload, sound cutting out at random while the video contiues to play, and recent removal of the "stop download" function for those of us with slow connections? Man, it's genius!

To quote AVGN, "It's as if it's too futuristic and advanced for anyone to comprehend."

40oz said:

How long ago did YouTube take away the ability to shuffle your playlist?

It is still there, it is the button made to look like crossing arrows which is placed above the video list of a playing playlist.

It selects videos in the playlist in random order, it doesn't actually change the order of the playlist. I'm sure I shuffled a playlist before though. I have one playlist of Doom uv-max demos uploaded on youtube, and I don't have any maps from the same megawad next to each other, but when you search for it, maps from the same megawad always pop up first in the related videos section. I couldn't have been that meticulous when making the playlist myself.

joe-ilya said:

Yeah, really.

Your slow internet (failing to load fonts / advanced content) is not a problem on their side.