Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Imback55

Nothing New On idgames Lately

Maybe this is all part of his evil plan to have the /Newstuff backlog completely empty for once in its existence.

Never_Again said:

A man who selflessly donated 15 years of his life to maintaining a community archive may be lying in hospital, and said community seems to be preoccupied entirely with the fate of the archive. How delightfully post-modernist!

You're not actually surprised by that, are you?

I sincerely hope he's doing well. Maybe he's just on vacation..?

A man who selflessly donated 15 years of his life to maintaining a community archive may be fighting for ISIS, and said community seems to be preoccupied entirely with the fate of the archive. How delightfully post-modernist!

Maybe his illegal drug business was uncovered. We're digging for you, Cartelman!

Full of non-informative natter, indeed. Sorry for contributing but I had to express my view.

Maybe E2M2's victory broke him and this is a form of silent protest. A deliberate sabatoge of idgames to display his power. J'accuse, Ty!

Snakes said:

Maybe E2M2's victory broke him and this is a form of silent protest. A deliberate sabatoge of idgames to display his power. J'accuse, Ty!

You're nearly there... but I was kind of thinking something along the lines that all his work on the archives started to open a gateway to hell... and the straw that broke the camel's back was E2M2's victory (thx Obama), basically long story short he ended up opening a teleporter to E2M2 and he got telefragged by a crate.

SFoZ911 said:

I just hope he's well and safe.

Likewise. This thread just serves to demonstrate how accurate his sidebar custom user text is.

I'm probably going to get a lot of hate for this but...

I believe that we should always hope for the best and prepare for the worst in any uncertain situation. I also hope that Ty is fine and well.

With that being said, where is Ty? Has there been any word from him?
Has he done this before in the past?
Supposing he is dead (I really hope that isn't the case), what happens next? Does someone new take charge of Id games? Who? What happens to Newstuff and all the user made content? What happens to Doom?

Please don't take this the wrong way, I'm just concerned.

Marnetmar said:

Get the fuck out.

So someone can recieve two espi awards? That's new, excuse me if that's how it is.

joe-ilya said:

So someone can recieve two espi awards? That's new, excuse me if that's how it is.

I think he's referring to your completely inane and tactless demeanour, but that's just a guess. Seriously, what the hell.

Does anyone know where his general location is and those here who are in proximity who might have an idea where or what happened to him?

This does concern me as well.

Glaice said:

Does anyone know where his general location is and those here who are in proximity who might have an idea where or what happened to him?

This does concern me as well.

The way I see it, it concerns every last person who is a member of this site and is an uploader of idgames.

joe-ilya said:

Looks like "Doom wad station" is the new IDgames.

Uh... I think it's a little too early to give up.

Glaice said:

Does anyone know where his general location

AFAIK - New Orleans, though that was years ago.

Wait a bit. Can't someone volunteer to take over if Ty confirms that he cannot continue? Are there passwords which might get lost forever?

I mean: surely Ty's /idgames job isn't that time-consuming. He took care to automate everything that was repetitive, so it should be easy enough for someone else (who is acceptably competent) to do the job.

joe-ilya said:

No one on this website makes laugh quite as frequently as you do, joe. Keep up the good work!

joe-ilya said:

Shut up kiddo. Doesn't your mother raise you right at all?

I hope Ty's ok.

How long is too long to wait? I'm not nervous, but I am concerned. How do we even track the guy down, anyway?

Question, what will there to do if something did happen to Ty that was serious (but not fatal) and couldn't really do much more with /idgames/ anymore? Who (or group of people) will do the painstaking task of downloading everything from the archive and backing it up for the replacement?