Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
invictius

Best way to deal with a store that gave awful customer service via personal attacks?

Phoned up my local pc store today about a computer case, and headed in there when they told me they had two in stock. They didn't appear to know about having any in stock, so someone apparently was checking out the back while I asked what their best price was (which I've done for years, but mainly with the one same person). Suddenly their whole attitude changed, my request about their best price was talked about in a hushed manner that I was meant to hear (It went something along the lines of "He asked about an account the other day, maybe he's run out of money for groceries") and all of a sudden there were confirmed none of the cases in stock, even though the guy going out the back hadn't returned. I was so shocked about what they said under their breath that I just went on to still be interested in shopping there, asked about the display model they had, I was told they needed approval from the boss about those matters and that I should "just come back tomorrow" - the boss was standing right in front of me with no other customers.

I've never been in a situation where a business doesn't want my money, and especially never been in a situation where someone in sales has been a childish prick. Maybe they just thought they could get away with it since there were no other customers there at the time. I want to give them feedback on their facebook page about how my money is going elsewhere unless the two involved get a lesson in manners (yes, I said the boss, but I know the "big boss" fairly well, he just isn't there much anymore). But then again, if not having my business is something that they want, maybe that would be playing into their hand? Should I perhaps attempt to keep shopping there, which will, hopefully, end up with them screwing up and saying something that would give bad P.R in front of customers? I've got the time to do it, it would hurt them more than a facebook review they could easily delete. Perhaps continuing to deal with the one guy that does treat me well/always at least checks for best price would hurt their profits the most, it's not like they can kick me out when someone is willingly serving me.

Clonehunter said:

You can throw eggs at their place.

I have something I've been meaning to return (which was OK'd by the "friendly" guy) - I thought if they screwed me over about that, I could be adequately compensated by walking out with a few SSD's and geforce titans... (amazingly they have no RFID and don't keep such expensive items behind the counter) :P

Don't reward bad service with continued custom. If the "big boss" won't pull them into line, take your money elsewhere and let anyone who cares to listen know why you're doing so.

GreyGhost said:

Don't reward bad service with continued custom. If the "big boss" won't pull them into line, take your money elsewhere and let anyone who cares to listen know why you're doing so.

Who do you shop with down here? Or do you order everything online?

Report them to the Better Business Bureau or an your countries agency if you are outside of the US. Send a letter to the editor of your local news paper and if the personal attacks continue, file a complaint with the local authorities. You can also take to social media in a effort to let people know about how this business treats customers. No matter what, just keep things civil on your end. If you do everything correctly and are civil about it, you can cost them some customers.

Eat a bunch of Chipotles, go to the supervisors office and climb up on the desk, smiling as the the supervisor is yelling at you. Drop your pants and take a massive dump. Than politely tell them you know a company that, for the best price, can clean up the mess.

GreyGhost said:

Agreed. There's far too much competition out there. When I say "never again" I really hold to it.

And like someone else said BBB is always there. Look how much its hurt Valve's business.

geo said:

Agreed. There's far too much competition out there. When I say "never again" I really hold to it.

And like someone else said BBB is always there. Look how much its hurt Valve's business.

No competition down here, and they know it.

Yelp, Google Local reviews. Don't shop there again and tell all your friends not to as well.