Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kaiser

Could this be the actual toy gun used for the BFG?

raymoohawk said:

holy shit! i think you found it, it even looks like one the textures too

Yeah, there's definitely some TEKWALL origins in there! Looks similar to Memfis' avatar :)

Yup, there's no doubt that its the gun used for the BFG and some of the TEKWALL textures! The bendy pipe bits also look like they were used for the exit door as well. Hopefully someone can figure out who made this toy gun.

Could there be more toys of this kind? I can't find some of the TEKWALL details here.

By the way, even Quake has some textures derived from this source.

Da Werecat said:

Could there be more toys of this kind? I can't find some of the TEKWALL details here.

This is the first bit that jumped out at me.

It would be interesting to know if there were more toy guns like this that they used for some of the graphics.

Catoptromancy said:

I see an exit door, the big pipe texture, and a tech lamp.

Yep, I see 'em now! Anyone up to making some examples?

Very nice find!

Da Werecat said:

Where's the exit door?

See the top-down-view picture upside down and you'll see an outline of the exit door at the top.

Excellent discovery. Is there a proper name for this toy gun?

Catoptromancy said:

I see an exit door, the big pipe texture, and a tech lamp.

go north

Holy motherfucking shit, I've had that exact same toy gun for over 10 years, and still probably have it stored away.

scifista42 said:

Very nice find!See the top-down-view picture upside down and you'll see an outline of the exit door at the top.

Like that?

I dunno, I don't see it.

I do see the outline. I guess they modified it by pasting other parts of the toy over it. Or I'm wrong and the real EXITDOOR is elsewhere.

buttspit said:

Holy motherfucking shit, I've had that exact same toy gun for over 10 years, and still probably have it stored away.

If you can find out who made it, please let us know. I've been looking for that information since this thread.

Da Werecat said:

I can see parts of it on the tekwall:

But I don't see the same parts on the gun.

Oh, and since I made a big mockup - here it is.

there are two sides to the gun! The other side has a big speaker grille that you see in the right side of WALL24_1. If I can get the other side image, we'll really be in business.

scifista42 said:

Very nice find!See the top-down-view picture upside down and you'll see an outline of the exit door at the top.

There's no top-down view, it's a mirrored view of the left side. I don't think the gun has two handles (each with their own trigger) going off both sides...

A guy called Claude Freeman on the doomworld facebook group found the name of the manufacturer: Creatoy, and posted a picture of the other side of the toy:

And here's the exit door:

That Claude Freeman be me.

AND - to make it even better, there are THREE manufacturers to this gun: Creatoy, Royal Condor, and Fuyaco! What a mess! It was also sold as the "Roargun".

I just want to point out that the vent detail on the TEKWALL texture (also Memphis's avatar) can be clearly seen at the top back part of the gun. Very cool! Now I want to try and find one :P

It's not the same toy, by the way. The silhouette is different.

But it aligns even better with the BFG sprite.