Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bloodshedder

2015 World Video Game Hall of Fame Finalists

The Happy Friar sends us word about The Strong's World Video Game Hall of Fame 2015 finalists, a list which includes a particular game making this news post necessary. Only some of these games, I assume, will be inducted into the hall of fame on June 4, 2015. There is, of course, a poll where you can vote for your favorite. Strangely, it looks like the poll has already made its way around to The Sims and Legend of Zelda fans...

Huh, the page with the poll on it seems to have disappeared. It did the same thing on one of the links to it on the website, so I'm guessing it's an error on their end.

For once it's a pretty fair and reasonable list of games that you could argue are "greatest/most significant games of all time".

Scuba Steve said:

For once it's a pretty fair and reasonable list of games that you could argue are "greatest/most significant games of all time".

Agree. I like how the finalist games are generally gameplay-focused ones, and not fancy atmospheric/realistic ones with counter-playable elements like Half-Life or COD.

walter confalonieri said:

Angry Birds?

Sure. Angry birds was THE game that defined mobile gaming. In the early days of smartphones if your platform didn't have Angry Birds, you had nothing.