Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dew

Valiant + Sawdust demos [-complevel 11]

So you've had this account from the beginning of January 2014 then post 1 demo? Cool.

Map04 -UVmax 3:17

Yep, tbh I haven't played doom for awhile and I forgot about this forum lol. Ive been an avid follower at DSDA for years. I love this wad and just randomly decided to make a demo *shrug*

BTW I found this demo and its the one I should have posted.

va04-317.zip

Map 17 Pacifist in 2:21

This was originally a sub 4min UV-Speed attempt so im very happy with it. Im not very smooth so I'd like to see someone improve this. I listed some possible improvements in my text file. Fun map to run...

va17p-221.zip

I'm getting "Exiting on signal 11" whenever I try and play back these demos. As far as I can tell I've got the "latest" Valiant.wad and PrBoom+; this is the commandline I'm using in batch:

glboom-plus.exe -iwad tnt.wad -file Valiant.wad -complevel 11 -playdemo 1.lmp

(I extract the demo to my desktop, the batch renames it to 1.lmp, and moves it to where PrBoom lives before that ^ line is executed.)

It will get a few seconds in; long enough to see that the imps and pinkies have been retextured, maybe to hit a switch or grab weapons, then... "Exiting on signal 11".

Here's the tail-end of stdout.txt:

GL_MAX_TEXTURE_SIZE=16384
Using texture format GL_RGBA.
ST_Init: Init status bar.
G_DoPlayDemo: playing demo with MBF compatibility
vorb_registersong: failed
mad_registersong failed: input buffer too small (or EOF)
db_registersong: couldn't load as tracker
Exp_RegisterSongEx: Using player fluidsynth midi player
P_GetNodesVersion: using normal BSP nodes
gld_Precache: MAP27 done in 186 ms
I_SignalHandler: Exiting on signal: signal 11
I_ShutdownSound:

This is happening on all Valiant demos. Anyone got any ideas on what's going wrong? I'd love to see these.

Changed it to "-iwad doom2.wad", signal 11.

Changed it to "-wad doom2.wad", still signal 11.

Anything else you can think of? :/

What version of PRBoom+ are you using? If it's not 2.5.1.4 it won't work.

Ah that might be the problem. I downloaded it from SourceForge (http://sourceforge.net/projects/prboom-plus), but the version on there seems to actually be 2.5.1.3 - There's the issue.

Where do I get the more up to date one if SF is out of date? A Google search seems to favor various references to it, and links to SF, but it's out of date it seems.

Edit: I've also looked on the forums here and the sticky in the Source Ports section also shows 2.5.1.3, with mentions at the end of the thread of a "2.5.1.4 test" version that I haven't been able to actually locate.

*facepalm*

In scanning that first post I skimmed the download link, thinking "I've already got that", assuming that the SF copy was the most up to date one. Oops!

Thanks, AD_79! Really appreciate the help from yourself and Memfis. That upgraded chaingun is a joy to watch in action...

All working well now! :)

Welp, it's not like I've specified that in the first post of this thread or something. :)

dew said:

Welp, it's not like I've specified that in the first post of this thread or something. :)

Assumptions will be the death of me one day, I'm certain...

Anyway I'll stop derailing the thread now ;)

Nevan said:

MAP27 UV-Max in 12:01

Wowwwwwwww!

Since when did Hell get a robotic R&D department?? Amazing! Gorgeous enemy design, and so much variety!

Loved this run, can't wait to see more. Excellent work, Nevan.

When I was running it I noticed if you don't blow up a barrel on the left side of the soul sphere room 2 monsters can't spawn. That might be the issue