Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheNerdTurtle2

I deleted a map in Slade on accident

I'm pretty upset with myself right now... I may have accidentally deleted my map while using Slade and I was wondering if there was any way in Hell I could get it back. I already saved before I realized what I did and the map was like 6-7 hours in so I lost a bit of time there. Any way to recover this?

On my computer, both Doom Builder backups and SLADE3 backups are saved into the same folder where the wad is. If they're not there, try the installation folder, or "Users/yourusername/AppData/Local/Doom Builder", or "Users/yourusername/AppData/Roaming/SLADE3".

I checked all of those folders, no temp files. Thanks a lot though, I'll just start over

EDIT: The stupid thing is I always delete the backup files in the WAD folder because they take up unnecessary room.. Turns out I should stop that habit haha

As your very last hope, try looking into all of the Local/Temp 8-character-long folders, following the guide in this thread. One of the .temp files might be your map.

Dude SLADE makes .bak copies of the file when it saves changes, did you delete it? From the recycle bin too?

It should create a .bak file for the modified file inside the folder where you have your file, Remove .bak from file name and it should become a wad or whatever .

DMGUYDZ64, he just said multiple times that he deleted them. Read threads you post in.

scifista42 said:

DMGUYDZ64, he just said multiple times that he deleted them. Read threads you post in.

Well ,I'll have to tell Him/Her Have fun remaking it and Good luck =3