Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
19Wraith

Last two Heretic maps

Hi guys I want to share with you my last two Heretic maps: Magnum & Profanum Sanctum. They play themselves individually, not as the same wad.

That said i will say that Profanum Sanctum will appeal to those who enjoyed the third Heretic episode, while Magnum has a more urban city style. Be careful, both maps are pretty hard, specially Magnum. But are highly enjoyable on lower skills.

Screenshots:

Magnum:

Spoiler

Profanum Sanctum:
Spoiler

Links:

Magnum: https://mega.co.nz/#!DxIhEBID!JbTGqWSMdamskosTtrKhetE6h0KmUocZK_B5YW2n9d8

Profanum Sanctum: https://mega.co.nz/#!qgREXSrK!oBPNPIqK4-QX5mR7IEv7mQ0Uyqm3bpbsT-SQFs7O7Vo

Enjoy the wads guys

I just had a quick look at the both of them and I gotta say, there is some solid design here. Maybe you'd consider donating these gems over here. :P Profane Sanctum is probably my favourite of the two.

I tried to load it ouver Chocolate heretic but there's much mace spots on map, well anywy i'll play it ouver zndronum to see them also only by screenshots the maps looks awsome, good work dude.

Edit: psanctum Beated on skill 3 (Note: 4 is nightmare skill in zandronum engine), well i dont know if i killed all monsters since after killing boss every monster in map die, i got much ammo in this map but the devoid of health is a pain, i has very lucky for maulotaur droping me a mystic urn tht really saved me, final boss area was nothing hard (when i see all that adepts coming i think "i'm dead" but no, i prepare my phoenix rod and killed then when grouped since they dont stop coming i begin using skullhorn powered whit tome in teleport to halt then, until it stoped i focused in d'sparil, when i killed her (it) i get a boring time of waiting that floor goes down like 3 or 2 minutes... very cool archtecture but i find some misalined texture like you say in txt but nothing much whong. - No deaths - No saves

Thank you for your review.

I didn't know placing too much maces would disable the player to start on vanilla heretic (still i think it would be unplayable on vanilla for the Visplanes). I placed many of them because most of the time the weapon does not appear.

Do you know how to ensure the proper placement of the mace without the need to place it several times?

That said, i think you will enjoy the difficult much more on intermediate level. (Skill 3 for zdoom and perhaps skill 2 on zandronum).

19Wraith said:

I didn't know placing too much maces would disable the player to start on vanilla heretic (still i think it would be unplayable on vanilla for the Visplanes). I placed many of them because most of the time the weapon does not appear.

Placing more than one mace spots does not increase the chance of one spawning at all. When there is at least one mace spot in the map, Heretic will take a 75% chance of spawning a mace at one of these spots, chosen randomly. Vanilla Heretic has a maximum of eight mace spots per map.

If you want to be sure to spawn a mace in a map, you'll have to add some port-specific coding for that. For example, use this DECORATE code:

Actor ReliableMace : RandomSpawner 1337 { DropItem "Mace" }
Then thing type 1337 in the map.