Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cire

Zauberer

Yup, I definitly Think you could be of assistance! :) We talked about having a Steam/Cyberpunk mythology mashup kind of theme, what do you Think about that?

did this silly looking thing while following sodas suggestion of editing toy photos

dont know if it will be useful, ill wait to see waht the person in charge of the theme says

Yes, this looks appropriate for the theme. We'll have to Think about what weapon it could replace I guess.

I've added it as a replacement as the Quietus. I've also added the angel as the death wyvern, a skeleton as the ettin and the champion lizard as the maulotaur. Will upload the new WAD when I get home.

The WAD is updated. I also added replacement for the Bishop and fixed a few other small things.

My only complaint would be that it doesn't really have anything to it that screams fantasy/mythology. I think a more even fusion of would be appropriate.

Yeah, I hear ya, though I'm kind of limited on the Resources I have at my disposal.

I'm toying around with ideas at the moment. I'm thinking maybe having more low-tech fantasy weapons at the beginning and later having more Alien/sci-fi looking weapons that still can be seen as kind of magical in they're function. Also, I'm trying out having a fantasy/horror like monster as the Wraith replacement. I'm taking a break for tonight, but I hope to be able to make more progress tomorrow.

I was thinking one of the ultimate weapons could be a magical pistol and the other could be a magical BFG-like weapon. Does it make any sense?

i may attempt to atach a reptile/dragon like head to the front of the gun later today. would that give it a more fantasyish feel?

Cire said:

Also, I'm trying out having a fantasy/horror like monster as the Wraith replacement.

Oh, well you'll probably be happy to know that's the exact same idea I had for that monster. Just never got around to the drawage, y'know?

Good to hear! Also, I did some minor Changes to a few sprites and skies today, feel free to check it out.

Also, please note that any assets present in Zauberer at the moment should only be considered as placeholders. The assets will be replaced later with others that match the theme better.

I'm trying to improve the story. Added another chapter and changed the aliens to mutants.

I've drawn up the Wraith. The idea I had going in was that the Bad Guys™ have dug up the corpses, animated them magically, and then used implanted technology to control them (like all those bees they wired up with computer chips in real life). I'll scan it and have it up by tomorrow morning afternoon.

I was thinking that we perhaps could have an Apep-like creature as a replacement for Korax. What do you Think of that?

That works for me.

I think I got a little too wacky with the lower image, but you get the point, spoopy mind-controlled magic zombies.

Jaxxoon R said:

That works for me.
I think I got a little too wacky with the lower image, but you get the point, spoopy mind-controlled magic zombies.

It is nice, but maybe too similar to the original Reiver?

Well to be fair, it's meant to be a stand-in for the Reiver, so not deviating that much from the "floating zombie torso" theme isn't much different from Freedoom's Cacodemon/Orb Monster and Zombieman/FREEzombieman.

Jaxxoon R said:

Well to be fair, it's meant to be a stand-in for the Reiver, so not deviating that much from the "floating zombie torso" theme isn't much different from Freedoom's Cacodemon/Orb Monster and Zombieman/FREEzombieman.

You're right.

The monster is strange: it seems to be covered with leaves which would suggest a relation to nature, but seems also to have a metallic helmet.

I would suggest to add a steampunk device on its bottom, as mean to fly... but this only because I love steampunk!

my first attempt at a properly palleted player pallete. i like how shes turning out, but it still needs a lot of fixes. because of finals ill have to wait until vacations to continue on this, but dont worry im still in

the design is largely inspired by horrormovieguy's concept

jaxxon, can i use the sprite i owe you on this project?

also the flotation device on the riever replacemnt could be some sort of anti repulsion light or something that doesnt use fire

also this tread needs to get stickied and the zauberer posts over at the blasph tread need to be brought over

Just my two cents, but I think Zauberer's theme should be the same, if not similar to Hexen's.

I know that steampunk/cyberpunk has been discussed, but I think that for PWAD compatibility, it would be for the best to stick closer to Hexen's style.

first ultra shitty attempt at making a mage replacement concept. ill probably keep teh design and just change the colors to something better working

raymoohawk said:

jaxxon, can i use the sprite i owe you on this project?

Sure, might as well put it to use. But which monster do you plan for it to stand-in for?

raymoohawk said:

also the flotation device on the riever replacemnt could be some sort of anti repulsion light or something that doesnt use fire

You see, I just don't really get how a source of propulsion is necessary for a supernatural creature. Considering it can already conjure bloodfire, why can't it float? Though if one's really necessary there's nothing stopping you from adding one in the actual sprite.