Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Memfis

MEGAmix - submissions closed

Let's try this:

- Make something small in Doom 2 format using only stock DOOM2.WAD textures.
- It doesn't have to be playable, or look good, or even work at all (broken\overlapping sectors are fine). You can include some things if you want.
- Send it to me via PM or this thread.

When I receive enough entries, I'll make a megamix map based on all of them, then post it here.

Again: you don't have to put any effort in your entry at all: any completely random mess created in one minute will be welcome. Just please send at least something if you know how to use the editor so that I'll get enough stuff to work with.

I'm hoping to post the final result sometime this month.

- RECEIVED PARTS

Altazimuth - fragment.wad
andrewj - castle03.wad / p_weird.wad
Breezeep - 35hp_scrap1.wad / 35hp_scrap2.wad
Captain Toenail - MAP01.wad / Map01 (2) / Minigames.wad / TheFlensing.wad / BigMap.wad / CT_BrickingIt.wad
Chris Hansen - teknok.wad
dobu gabu maru - dobuMEGA.wad
Doomkid - SuprPoop.wad
gaspe - crapcity.wad
Getsu Fune - whathappenswhenabaronstealsyourluggage.wad
Glaice - pieceofoutside-mrchris.wad / computerhall-mrchris.wad / metalhallway-mrchris.wad / metalhallway2-mrchris.wad
glenzinho - sparepart.wad
Gothic - shit1.wad / shit2.wad
joe-ilya - dark.wad / nature.wad / prison.wad / rd.wad / up.wad / wand.wad
KalebNoobMaster - KPART.wad
NoisyVelvet - GreenCastlePortion.wad / MyThirdSpeedMap.wad / Park.wad / secondspeedmap.wad / TacoNightTunnel.wad
NoneeLlama - hsofdeath.wad / map07.wad / mine9.wad / schizo.wad / sun.wad
Philnemba - nazistealcrates.wad
Pinchy - MEGAmix - Pinchy - Stone Heater.wad
scifista42 - retryway.wad / wrevilm.wad
Surreily - hex.wad
TheNerdTurtle2 - thingoranother.wad
tourniquet - tourn2013.wad
walter confalonieri - mad-.wad / re1-4m2-d2.wad
yakfak - textaltw.wad

I've posted these 3 half baked abandoned maps to Jack101/Darsycho's Project Uber more than a year ago. I don't think anything came out of it. Here they are as a public link for the first time ever (back then, I've only PMed them to Darsycho).

https://www.sendspace.com/file/devsym

EDIT: Only 2 of the 3 maps actually fit the stock texture guideline.

Awesome, keep them coming guys! Preferably send something simple with not too much detail but anything will do.

gaspe: Pretty much, yeah, but you don't have to worry about your part working in doom2.exe.

dobu gabu maru: I'm going to edit everything as I see fit so I can't promise anything, sorry. But I'll see what I can do.

I've got quite a few treasures in my doom modding folder, I'll post them sometime for your remixing needs. I have one I'm going to make, that reminded me of a post you made in another topic. B-)

I believe, what motivates you to map. "To see the map in action, basically". 8-)

Here's my one! Please be aware that I didn't include any weapons, so you'll need to IDFA if you wanna test. I'm assuming that the player will have acquired weapons by the time they reach this part. Anyways, feel free to edit it as you please - I intended for the player to enter from the north and leave through one of the final monster closets that open at the end, but that can easily be changed. Also, there may be bugs - this was a quick build!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1eo51cx54297xxb/hex.wad?dl=0

Here are a few wads, containing maps from an abandoned vanilla project of mine:

35HP Scrap 1 Contains 1 map, It used some custom textures, so I removed them to meet the guidelines.

35HP Scrap 2 This one has two maps, I attempted to restart the project, but since I did the detailing first instead of making the layout, I lost interest in it. The maps, just like the wad above had custom textures, so I decided to remove them from the wad.

Knock yourself out with these.

I was thinking of making one map, but now that I got so many parts I guess it might be a good idea to make a few smaller ones to avoid too much chaos. I'll think about it. Most stuff will probably be heavily edited anyway for consistency purposes, but if it gets too tricky I'll do a split.

Huh. I just woke up so I'm sleepy as hell, so I read the title as "MEGAmix - send me your pants".

I should work this into a map idea somehow.

Here it is. Just put in some basic provisions so that you don't die super fast. Personally, the area I labelled '1' I would replace with somebody else's part. It's only there so that the door can be opened. I can't wait to see how this turns out! Just a note, the area with columns may need to be toned down in terms of detail, as if you place a section's door past the altar it will probably VPO.