Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AIRmichael

NEW (FAKE) DOOOOOOM PIC

Hmmm, in this thread, someone who calles himself fredo and uses those annoying ".." things at the end of his sentences, declares the shot "not real". So I assume that's Fred Nilsson.

Wonder what magazine it's scanned from... Anyway the pic does look real cool, so kudos to whoever modelled that. Allow me to change this thread's title, although I know some people only read what they want to read.

well it's not necesarily fred nilsson. It looks very much like DOOM III. Look at the things on the shoulders. Anyways, even if it is not real, it still looks awesome.

I dunno. Kinda reminds me of Unreal 2... maybe it's the weapon. And I really do think it's Fred Nilsson, and if he is, I'm not going to argue. You know what, lemme mail the guy about it.

Disorder said:

Kickass!! I hope it's real..
Revenant kicks ass.

It's not real. One look at it is enough for me - I mean, the Doomguy didn't end up looking anything like the macworld marine so why would the skull-face former human end up in the game? No, that thing's not a revenant (I'm 100 % sure that it isn't - the revenant doesn't carry human weapons in its hands).
And believe me, the "real thing" looks cooler than this crap.

dsm said:

It's not real. One look at it is enough for me - I mean, the Doomguy didn't end up looking anything like the macworld marine so why would the skull-face former human end up in the game? No, that thing's not a revenant (I'm 100 % sure that it isn't - the revenant doesn't carry human weapons in its hands).

It looks like the Revenant to me, just as much as the 'Birdman' looked a lot like the HellKnight did, in my opinion..

And just because the Doomguy and Pinky did a little restyling, it doesn't mean they'd change the Revenant that much, except now he has skin around his arms.. And when you look at that skull, it clearly looks like the skull from that Macworld-video.

I think I heard someone from ID's crew say that the Revenant will appear in Doom III, but I could be mistaken..

Disorder said:

It looks like the Revenant to me, just as much as the 'Birdman' looked a lot like the HellKnight did, in my opinion..

And just because the Doomguy and Pinky did a little restyling, it doesn't mean they'd change the Revenant that much, except now he has skin around his arms.. And when you look at that skull, it clearly looks like the skull from that Macworld-video.

I think I heard someone from ID's crew say that the Revenant will appear in Doom III, but I could be mistaken..

LOL, I find it rather interesting how this "Revenant" looks remarkably human - human ears, human arms (as opposed to the old revenant's bone arms) and with a human-made gun in its hands.

If this thing really is the new revenant (which I refuse to believe) then I'll be mighty disappointed - the new revenant could easily be done in a much cooler fashion than this..."zombie thing". Besides, this new "revenant" isn't at all true to the old one (the old one had missile launchers on it's shoulders - this one hasn't. The old one didn't carry a gun in its hands).
It's so darn obvious that this critter ain't the revenant. And yes, I KNOW that the revenant will return, but I can't see that this here thing would be it.
Btw, who mentioned anything about the pinky gettin' restyled? Afaik, the only change done to the pinky was the mechanical hind legs.

Disorder said:

Fair enough.. But what the hell is it then?
Explanations are welcome :P

It's a fake former human in a fake pic - simple.
Only former humans carry guns (without having their limbs replaced with guns)

it is a shot from doom 3, anyone who reads PC mags [pcgamer, pcformat and pcg all featured this pic - and they also talked to ID so i think its real], its actually a pic of one of the marines you go in with, after everything has turned nasty, - in those screenshots of the marinee, and the videos, you see him slowly turn into something very similiar to this...it also wears the same uniform as the marine before he changed

P.S i might be wrong so dont flame me but im 85% sure im not

dsm said:

the Doomguy didn't end up looking anything like the macworld marine so why would the skull-face former human end up in the game? No, that thing's not a revenant (I'm 100 % sure that it isn't - the revenant doesn't carry human weapons in its hands).

how would you know what the doom marine ended up like? To me, the doomguy from macworld looks 85% similar to the original doom marine's face. Other than this, the rest of your points I completely agree. Revenant isn't meant to be human-like, having capabilities of human: holding guns. Also, I absolutely have no idea of why the public keeps presumming about the "Birdman" as in a renewal form of Hell Knight, because they both have nothing in common at all to me.

Lord FlatHead said:

You know what, lemme mail the guy about it.

Post your fish avatar while you're at it.

999cop said:

how would you know what the doom marine ended up like? To me, the doomguy from macworld looks 85% similar to the original doom marine's face. Other than this, the rest of your points I completely agree. Revenant isn't meant to be human-like, having capabilities of human: holding guns. Also, I absolutely have no idea of why the public keeps presumming about the "Birdman" as in a renewal form of Hell Knight, because they both have nothing in common at all to me.

Well, I assume you didn't see the leaked video, so I'm just gonna say that the Doomguy looks a little different in (a LOT different imo) that video, that goes for his face and his armour and the former humans are either straight zombies or much more human-looking than this - that's why I think it's fake.
I agree with you that the macworld Doomguy looked 85% like the old mug (95% to me), that's why I'm unhappy about his looks in the leaked video.

Actually, after I bother to remove the magazine dither, it looks more like a painting, not a render.

Sorry for the delay.

Fred Nilsson said:
thanks man.

It's not real..
I'm not sure what it's from actually.

But. It's not Doom.

-fred

Thread closed.