Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Broken Pencil

I just beat episode 3 with nothing but a pistol/ ITT insane stuff you did in doom

I don't have any video, screenshots or saves, but I can tell you that I just beat all of episode 3 with nothing but a pistol. I was extremely lucky AND unlucky for multiple reasons.

I was lucky because:
-I didn't die once
-The spidermastermind got glitched into a small sector, so I could kill him
-I beat the spider mastermind with 1% health.

I was UNlucky because:
-I ran out of ammo on multiple occasions (Mostly on Hell Keep)
-I actually beat the SM using a bfg, because I ran out of ammo from killing the cacodemons in Dis
-Each level took around 30-60 minutes, just because of how confusing they were to me.

Post in this thread insane stuff you've done before in doom.

Cool man :)

I can believe it because E3 is pretty stingy with ammunition most of the time and doesn't have monsters in your face constantly.

I once played Suburbs on I'm too young to die but with fast and respawning monsters long enough to complete the map with 1000% (one thousand) kills.

I also once beat Downtown on ultraviolence without taking any damage.

I beat Doom 64 (using Absolution) and HR keyboard-only. Then again I didn't really use WASD controls for Doom before 2004, even though I did use them for other FPS games. Weird. I also still hold (to the best of my knowledge) the record for the fastest pacifist run of Long Days.

This isn't exactly insane, but kinda cool:
One time I played doom with this cool system I made up were everytime you got a soulsphere, a friendly marine would spawn. Basically, The marine would stay with you throughout the entire game. I got up until E2M2, then got bored and started messing around with cheats.

I once ran out of ammunition and had to kill a cyber, I just needed punch him out one time to his death.

On several occasions I've beaten levels with nothing but the fists(With and without berserk). Although this was only in the first Doom.

I've launched Batman Doom in Zandronum and started summoning random things (by their type name) to see how they look. Suddenly I got telefragged by a clown. Monsters never telefrag the player, but this one did. The same thing happened to me when I warped to MAP30 of said wad and used mdk cheat to kill the boss.

joe-ilya said:

I once ran out of ammunition and had to kill a cyber, I just needed punch him out one time to his death.

Were you playing CYBIE.WAD, by any chance? ;-)

All I got I think is completing Doom 1 episode 1 on nightmare in one go on no saves and if I died I'd go back to the start of E1M1 (I remember E1M3 being very painful for my rushing, also the chaingun was probably the best weapon)

Thanks for reminding me, I still have to play Doom in HUD/textless mode.

*brag brag* we've beaten Jace Hall's zandronum challenge with Ancalagon in a few tries. We started after the stream ended and the reward had got cut down to 5000$ by that time. Can't remember all the map mods, but it was Chillax map21 with fastmonsters, 3x monster damage modifier, harddoom (yuck), itemrespawn, jump&crouch enabled, 10 lives. The map took 6 hours to beat, and ping was horrendous (~300).
I recommend trying it out for couple of minutes to have a good laugh.

Please tell me there's video about it. 5k is still good money

Beat E1 using only a (specific) Pistol with some weapon mod that I threw together for EDGE years ago.

"Oh that's fucking easy, get out."

Not really, since:

• Said pistol was about half as powerful as the stock Vanilla pistol
  • It only spawned with a 20% chance on the Doomguy corpses. In other words, I didn't get a weapon until about halfway through E1M2.
  • The enemies were somewhat randomised, which was a real problem when Demons were replaced with Nightmare Spectres and needed to be killed.
Oh, and the lowly Zombieman didn't always drop ammo for it either (it was a clusterfuck of a weapon/monster mod in hindsight, with so many ammo types and weapons). Something of an experience and a learning curve when it comes to making weapon mods without fucking up IWAD balance with so much in the way of supplies being left to chance.

That being said, I'm an idiot for setting myself this challenge in the first place.

Fake edit:
Oh, and reloading after 18 shots. Can't forget that!

Getting 10 or more frags on 10 or less health while you have a ping of 300+. Overall, being a lagger sucks in DM, but it does have it's satisfying moments.