Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
geo

2 Charred Hotdogs 1 Bun [Would you look at this ugly mug]

*edit*

Shotgun phase 2.

Thanks to Blender and one of the greatest Youtube tutorials, I have made this mug!

Blender really does all the work. I tried adding a DOOM logo to the mug, but after an hour I had to give up. As you can tell the handle is meant for a Baron of Hell.

Errr...I hate to be that guy, but shouldn't you have made more of an effort to actually plaster the Doom logo on the mug, before considering showing it? What kind of input do you expect on unfinished work which cannot even be called a "first version" or "draft"?

I was inspired by the user name "Bucket" so I made this in 2 - 3 hours. As easy as Blender is, its a real time sink. I guess like anything else. At least its not a painful process.

Instead of making the previous mistake of trying and failing to add a logo.... I'm just posting the bucket.

I'll research more into getting the texture to work.

Now if only you had a 3D printer you could make us all Doom mugs!

RUSH said:

Now if only you had a 3D printer you could make us all Doom mugs!

I hear they're $500 now. That's not bad. I sank another hour into trying to add the DOOM logo and it added a placeholder sort of thing, but that's it.

My next project will probably be a double barreled Shotgun from DOOM 2, that will let me try new things like mirror modeling and sculpting to make the handle. No promises though... I have a habit of not following through.

This has to be one of the most strangest thread i've ever seen in the Creative Works subforum, and i like it.

After an hour into the shotgun, I've run out of time for today. I spent a lot of time researching sculpting. It took me an extra 30 minutes to setup the texture and render camera. I'm not sure why the barrel looks grey, when the barrel and the back are using the same texture.

The barrel is hollow and a separate piece. I figure that it will add to the usability in an actual game if they're separate pieces. Its also odd that the camera is so close in the view, but when it renders its far back. When I zoom in.... it means nothing.

Anyway, thoughts, comments and tips are greatly appreciated.

One day and 2 hours in research and modeling later I bring you two charred hotdogs in one bun!

The sculpting was a lot tougher to get into, just because its so odd. I don't even mean sculpting itself, that's easy as rubbing with your mouse. There are so many settings and you need to be in sculpting mode to see what you've sculpted. In object mode its a square. How does that work?

Then playing around with pre render smoothing it moves the objects. Not sure how that happens, but I'm still a beginner.

I do feel more confident about sculpting and getting things done than I did yesterday. The confidence helped motivate me, because I know I felt like saying fuck it about an hour into today's progress.

I had what looked like an ugly handle before I scrapped it. To sculpt a rectangular object, you need to have a MUCH larger box than what you want, because sculpt makes everything round instantly. So a big box is a small oval. I guess the trick is to whittle it away to perfection, but only with square objects. Round objects are just fine for head modeling.

geo said:

I hear they're $500 now. That's not bad.

And getting cheaper, though it'll be the best part of a year before mine turns up. That's assuming they manage to stick to their timetable.

If you want some edges to stay harder looking, you can add some more edges into the model before you start sculpting.

Make a cube, go into edit mode, select all edges, press ctrl+b to activate Bevel, put some value into Amount, 2 Segments and Profile 1. Alternatively select the edges and put some value into Mean Crease in the Transform panel in the side. Then use the Subdivision Surface modifier.