Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
invictius

Anyone here played the doomrpg mod with rl-arsenal?

this with this.

I can get doomrpg by itself working, and doomrl working but not both together (missing status bar plus a few other features). I was wondering if someone could zip up a folder with their mod working alongside zdoom/gzdoom and send it to me?

When two mods are played together and the game has issues there are of course some compatibility problems with the two or more mods that you want to play. I don't think there is any way to actually fix it if that's what you're going for.

nxGangrel said:

When two mods are played together and the game has issues there are of course some compatibility problems with the two or more mods that you want to play. I don't think there is any way to actually fix it if that's what you're going for.

Right from the DoomRPG thread:

Full compatibility with DoomRL Arsenal and it's Monster Pack

At any rate, try using the DoomRPG launcher, linked in its thread; you probably need to load specific files in a specific order to prevent conflicts ( such as ZDoom trying to make an actor inherit from another that isn't loaded yet ) and that should do it for you.

Arctangent said:

"Full compatibility with DoomRL Arsenal and it's Monster Pack"

Well then... They must of lied. And ignore everything I said... ._.

No, you just misinterpreted the problem. Just grabbing any two random mods and cramming them together will indeed cause conflicts, however DoomRPG and RLA are designed to be compatible with each-other on a technical level, so no such issue will occur.

Oh gotcha. I'll be honest the thread confused me for a second. I wasn't sure what was he was trying to do so I assumed that was the problem. Pardon my ignorance.

Arctangent said:

At any rate, try using the DoomRPG launcher, linked in its thread; you probably need to load specific files in a specific order to prevent conflicts ( such as ZDoom trying to make an actor inherit from another that isn't loaded yet ) and that should do it for you.

I can get everything working apart from the enemies' health bar/status. The launcher hasn't worked with that.