Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Manc

The Revenant STILL Doesn't Wear Pants

That Doom 4 revenant looks like it's wearing a jet pack.

Am I the only one who things this new design just looks really bad? He looks like an old man that got mutated for some reason.

Meh. I like the Doom 3 version more.

as soneone whos never liked monsters who are just skeletons, i much prefer this new design. it has archvile ish characteristics

hardcore_gamer said:

Am I the only one who things this new design just looks really bad? He looks like an old man that got mutated for some reason.

Yeah, you are the only one.

It should be a jetpack.

Cool. I look forward to the "let's plays" since I don't have a rig/console that will be able to play that.

As far as the gameplay goes, one can only hope for the best.

hardcore_gamer said:

No, you're not the only one. I mean, it's alright, but the Doom 3 version in my opinion looked more intimidating because it stood up straight and looked taller. This one looks really hunched over and short like an old man like you said.

doom_is_great said:

No, you're not the only one. I mean, it's alright, but the Doom 3 version in my opinion looked more intimidating because it stood up straight and looked taller. This one looks really hunched over and short like an old man like you said.

Really? The Doom 3 revenant design was goofy as all hell.

The revenant looks downright great and I hope the rest of the bestiary can live up to that standard.

I don't get some people around here, the Revanant looks fantastic. It lives up to it's name, an animated corpse come back to terrorize the living. That's exactly what this thing is, it even comes equipped with a pair of rocket launchers and apparently a jet pack.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f131/randolphcarter1/shotty_slow.0_zps71j4htfe.gif

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f131/randolphcarter1/doom_2015_demon.0_zpsmylxykn2.gif

I really like how the new revenant looks. He hunches while walking, which helps to make him appear dynamic on the scene, and the dynamic-ness makes a promise. I hope he will be badass/intimidating mainly by his ingame behaviour/placement.

Look, I'm not overly upset over the appearance of the Revenant. It looks ok, it's just not the way I would have imagined it. I've always imagined the Revenant as being very tall and standing up straight. That's the way he was in Classic Doom and in Doom 3. Maybe he is tall in this game too. I don't know. Need more shots to judge. Anyway, this is just a different interpretation of the Rev., nonetheless, I will still enjoy blowing him to bits.

Piper Maru said:

You're bothered by it's posture and height? Really? REALLY?

YES, I AM DAMN IT! THE REVENANT SHOULD BE ABLE TO DUNK IT!

doom_is_great said:

YES, I AM DAMN IT! THE REVENANT SHOULD BE ABLE TO DUNK IT!

WHY DOES IT MATTER IF HE'S TALL OR NOT? DO YOU FEEL BETRAYED IT'S NOT EXACTLY YOUR WAY LOL OMFG!?!

Piper Maru said:

WHY DOES IT MATTER IF HE'S TALL OR NOT? DO YOU FEEL BETRAYED IT'S NOT EXACTLY YOUR WAY LOL OMFG!?!

YEEEEEESSSSSS!!!!!!!!

Anyway, sarcasm aside. Again I am not extremely upset. I am not like "OMG I'm not going to play the new Doom because the Revenant isn't exactly the way I imagined it. ID soft. sucks." I am still going to play it sometime in the future.

I beg to differ on your interpretation there. The Revenant has ALWAYS walked slightly hunched over. In the teaser here it seems to be more pronounced, but he's always walked with his legs slightly bent.

http://doomcollectoredition.freetzi.com/revenant.JPG

http://lparchive.org/Doom-3-Resurrection-of-Evil/Images/20-monster_revenant.jpg

I mean, even if he isn't 'hunched over' in these shots, he isn't exactly walking tall.

There's something "unsharp" about it. It almost looks like that lack of precision you get with some lead wargaming miniatures.

I mean, I like the design (although the mega shoulder weapons accentuate the more cartoony look - I'm not sure whether I like or dislike that TBH), the animation seems good and it actually seems as if there might be both light and colour in the game but the model itself looks like it has been crudely cast from an over used mould to me (and I get that it is a skeleton with bits of ragged flesh and so on, but that's not what I'm on about).

Caffeine Freak said:

I beg to differ on your interpretation there. The Revenant has ALWAYS walked slightly hunched over. In the teaser here it seems to be more pronounced, but he's always walked with his legs slightly bent.

http://doomcollectoredition.freetzi.com/revenant.JPG

http://lparchive.org/Doom-3-Resurrection-of-Evil/Images/20-monster_revenant.jpg

I mean, even if he isn't 'hunched over' in these shots, he isn't exactly walking tall.

Ok, then I stand corrected. I hope that the rev. is at least taller than Doomguy though.

Agreed. He only appeared once in the footage I saw at Quakecon, and it was when he flew in on a jetpack, immediately pounced on the player and killed him, so it was hard to tell from that how he compared height wise. I'd say he WAS taller than the player, though I don't think it was a dramatic difference in height.

The Revenant went from shooting fireballs to shooting mini-rockets throughout the games, I wonder why they chose to change it that way since Doom 3.

I want to see more... It's a cool 2 seconds but that ain't enough for me!