Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MeetyourUnmaker

Fruity Pebbles thread

Dat shit ain't got shit on Choco Moons:

and on Fruit Rings:

Yuck! No. Ate too much crap like this as a kid. If I'm going to eat garbage I'll stick with beer and chocolate.

Man I remember fruity pebbles. Stuff just turned into mush if you didn't eat it fast enough similar to ice cream. The closest I can go to that stuff is cocoa rice krispies.

That reminds me, I need to spike some cereal with apple cider again (Either something Granolaish, Kashi-ish, or Cinnamon Toast Crunchy related). That shit was the bee's knees.

I wasn't allowed to have sugary cereals as a child. As an adult it just tastes like dibeetus.

I only have oatmeal for breakfast. If I want cereal, I go with Wheaties or Special K Protein. Sugary cereal is shit.

To me, Fruity Pebbles taste like Trix. And I fucking hate Trix! I like Fruity Pebbles though...(?)

If I'm ever gonna go for one of the sugary cereals, I might as well go all the way and get some Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Haven't really cared for any of the "fruity" cereals since I was 10-ish.

I thought this was gonna a thread for that midi composing software but then I remembered. "no that's fruity loops"

Cereal is the most heavily processed food in America. Though its difficult to resist having a breakfast that requires pretty much no preparation. I usually settle for shredded wheat or honey nut cheerios.

Maes is coo coo for knock-off Cocoa Puffs?

I liked the Cocoa Pebbles but preferred Count Chocula after it hit the shelves. The wife has been buying Cinnamon Toast Crunch. It's yummy but I rarely eat it.

Fruity Pebbles? No. Its nasty and mushy. Even as a kid I didn't like it. I remember tasting it and thinking it tastes like food dye.

I eat 4 bowls of cereal a day cuz fuck gluten free. My cousin and a lot of her friends are on the gluten free diet, talking about how much energy they have. Yeah and I'm still running 8 miles a day eating 4 bowls full of gluten.

I see this thread going to post hell.

I remember seeing Count Chocula and I was all like "Fuck yeah, this boxart is awesome. And it's seasonal, so it's gotta be awesome."

It was shitty cocopuffs in the shape of bats. My only relief was that I wasn't the one that bought it.

Graphics don't just sell video games, they sell cereal too.

Back when I lived in the US this dude would sell me weed and said "it's like fruity pebbles" because of the nice smell. I forgot that was actually a cereal - It's been years..

I have Sultana Bran or Weetbix for breakfast. I guess I'm boring but I always thought these cereals were better as a desert... You might as well eat a piece of cake, given the sugar content!

Yeah I try to avoid the sugar packed shit cereals personally, but I'm gonne break it down for ya'll in categories of Tiers for cereals.

Low Sugar Cereals:

Top-Tier:

Nature's Path Pumpkin Raisin Crunch
Barbara's Puffins Original
Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds (Not exactly low, but less than most anyway)
Special K

High-Tier:

Kix
Cheerios
Corn Flakes

Mid-Tier

Crispix
Wheaties

Low-Tier:

Grape Nuts

----------------------------------

Sugar Packed Shit:

Top-Tier:

Golden Grahams
Cinnamon Toast Crunch
Cocoa Puffs
Frosted Mini-Wheats
Trix

High-Tier

Fruit Loops
Cookie Crisp
Raisin Bran
Cocoa Crispies
Apple Jacks

Mid-Tier

Lucky Charms
Frosted Flakes
Reese's Puffs
Corn Pops
Honey Comb

Low-Tier

Fruity Pebbles
Frosted Cheerios
Cocoa Pebbles

Shit-Tier

GOLDEN CRISP
SMACKS

Boxed cereal. Like the atomic bomb, one of the questionable American gifts to humanity. Walk down the cereal aisle of a grocery store with a child and you realize how quickly you are dealing with a drug addict. Sugar is a drug, no question about it.

Some good products out there, but a lot of garbage too.

Outside of the sugar bomb, cereal is one of the healthiest, most vitamin packed foods out there. So why not make it unhealthy? Like Rottking listed every product is different.

They're not naturally healthy. The grains are so processed that they lose all their nutritional value, but the FDA requires them to have the some of the nutrients the ingredients once had, so vitamins are ground into a powder and sprayed on to the cereal while its being made.

>Fruity Pebbles?
No
>Cocoa Pebbles?
No
>or do you dislike both in general?
Don't know. Never eaten either. In fact, until this thread, I'd never even heard of them.

Nothing about the information here makes me think I would like either of them though. I'm not a fan of sugary foods generally, and I find sugar-coated and sugar-infused cereals particularly unpleasant. A number of years ago, I weaned myself off of sugar rich foods and now the excessive sweetness of even "mildly" sugared foods makes my teeth feel funny and really sugary stuff genuinely makes me gag and want to spit out whatever the food is. I don't miss sugary foods at all: no cravings, no desire for "just one", none of that. I also find it easier to keep my weight where I want it.