Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NoirSuede

There's something about hands...

IGN noted as them being perhaps some sort of armor gloves? Who knows, i think those aren't too big deal..

Didn't GoatLord mention somewhere that during the trailer they showed the QuakeCon people it was revealed doomguy now wears some kind of exoskeleton armor? If so, there you go.

Doomguy is wearing an exosuit that enhances his abilities. Just like Crysis.

It will provide the reasoning behind increased mobility, speed, and melee strength.

Booooo reasoning in video games

Aww man.

I feel like DooM guy absolutely doesn't need any kind of exo suit to explain his abilities. It's a video game.

By that logic, any character in GTA or Counterstrike or CoD probably needs an exo suit.

Doom guy should stay looking like Hicks with his bare arms and badass armor vest!

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/avp/images/f/f7/Hicks.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20100328021442

potnop said:

Aww man.

I feel like DooM guy absolutely doesn't need any kind of exo suit to explain his abilities. It's a video game.

By that logic, any character in GTA or Counterstrike or CoD probably needs an exo suit.

Doom guy should stay looking like Hicks with his bare arms and badass armor vest!

[img]http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/avp/images/f/f7/Hicks.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20100328021442

If we need this "excuse" of having some powersuit to have fastpaced movement in games once again, i'm willing to accept it. Anything but this slowpaced covershooters crap that is currently, thank you.

doom_is_great said:

So now he looks like Master Chief?

That's probably just a Suit like you said, But it also might be a Robot hand .

"Guns? Guns are for wusses. There's nothing wrong with you that I can't fix with my hands. Ooh! That's your spinal cord, baby! Dig it?"

potnop said:

It won't hurt to see something new but close to the Original at same time .

ChickenOrBeef said:

Doomguy is wearing an exosuit that enhances his abilities. Just like Crysis.

It will provide the reasoning behind increased mobility, speed, and melee strength.

As long as his helmet looks decent and, if they show it, his face looks distinguishable as doomguy, then I'm okay with it

EDIT: Also, the hand reminds me of something from Doom 3 so, I think I'm perfectly okay with this

You know what those hands are?

It's a reference to The Hero with a Thousand Faces.
Every Movie with a hero references it.

The Doom-Marine has a dark background story. In the end it's revealed that he is partially, or halfway one of "them". That he sort of had a contact with the evil powers (Demons), so he is basically having a deeper relation to his enemy's.

Because He is the ONE

It's like having cancer and being doomed to die in the first place. So the only thing left to do is take as much of them with you as possible.

And I perceive that as a very boring and uninspired side-aspect....

StevieCybernetik said:

Didn't GoatLord mention somewhere that during the trailer they showed the QuakeCon people it was revealed doomguy now wears some kind of exoskeleton armor? If so, there you go.

Yup. They showed a very brief concept drawing of the Doom Guy and he very clearly had an exoskeletal suit on. I think it looks fucking badass.

The game is set on Mars so I assume the marine is wearing an exo/pressure suit. Makes sense if he's gonna be running around on the terrain.

Exoskeleton armor makes sense. You're a space marine.... hopefully and not just some shmuck with a gun.

How do we know those are Doom guy hands though and not his robotic helper or a sentient mannequin?

geo said:

How do we know those are Doom guy hands though and not his robotic helper or a sentient mannequin?

Makes me wonder if there will be other NP Characters besides Doomguy.

GoatLord said:

Doom guy's exo-hands were in the reveal.

Could he have been a hand model?