Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
VileSlay

zdaemon error on exit

well I've posted a thread about not being able to dm before and talked about the error I got got when quitting a match. well I have succesfully participated ina few dms (I suck), but I still get the kernel32.dll error that can't close when I quit. I would like to do more dms, but this error is really keeping me from it. in order to get rid of the always-on-top dialog box, I have to reboot. has anyone ever had this problem? does this sound remotely familiar? if this has happened to you and you have gotten it repaired, how did you fix it? this error is really annoying.

Zdaemon should be free of that error on a system with "no problems". So, there's a fair chance it's related to your sound card or video card. Are your video card drivers up to date? Have you tried running zdaemon without sound or music to see if the problem stops?

Also, how about your windows control panel (what Win version do you have?) device manager...do you see any error messages or warnings about hardware or settings?

hey biff. well winME is my os. as for errors in the device manager, where should I look? I know that the sound and video cards are up to date.

I had this and couldn't resolve it, I had to do an unrelated reinstall of Windows, and directx8.1 and it was fixed, go the directx8.1 route first

Vileslay, I think ME is pretty much like Win98, which I have here. In control panel, system, device manager tab, you should see a listing of your hardware, and warning messages will be something like a yellow exclamation mark. If you see anything like this, explore that information further, see if a resource conflict is noted.

Fodders may be onto a more likely solution though, I agree with his suggestion to make sure Directx8.1 is installed properly.

If you can't fix it, try ignoring the error. I know you said it was always-on-top, but if it's like most error dialogue boxes, you can just drag it off the bottom of the screen and carry on as if it's not there. It works at school, where hardly any of the crappy computers can even boot up without an error message coming up.

Yes, my kernel32.dll is broken as well caused with Zdaemon. I used to be on 28.8k modem playing a lot, too. Each time I played, I had to reboot my computer like 10 times per turn getting on Zdaemon. It was so irritating. I couldn't reinstall my windows as I've got a lot of stuff on my hard drive that were so needed and could't lose it in the meantime. I felt so pissed about that ever since it happened. Surprisingly, since I get dsl playing on Zdaemon, the problem is totally gone. Kernel32's error never occurs since then. It was weird. I bet it has something to do with the networking or the modem. Perhaps you should either reinstall Windows or get broadband. To tell you the truth, the problem might come back again once it touches Zdaemon although you have reinstalled Windows already. We will just have to keep looking forward for the arrival of Zdaemon 1.0 that won't cause any more trouble.

Another question, was there a decision announced as to what the next zdaemon will be based upon? I'm hoping it will utilize zdoom 2.0.

Biffy said:

Another question, was there a decision announced as to what the next zdaemon will be based upon? I'm hoping it will utilize zdoom 2.0.

I heard it's either based on Zdoom 1.23 or PrBoom.

By "zdoom 2.0", I mean the next zdoom release. It's more commonly called "zdoom 1.23". Not out yet, MaTT. C'mon Randy!

well the problem is still there. there are no conflicts or out of date drivers. now if only the confimation email for my dsl sevrice would come, then maybe what 999cop said would happen. gonna wait for that till I try again.

gleb, finally got my dsl going today and still get the error. I still had a rockin dm though. I'm gonna try csdoom and get ide and doom connector. maybe if I don't go thru zdaemon I wont get those problems.

RailGunner said:

who cares. just press the "ok" button.

you mean the button that closes the dialog? it just pops up again, like a loop. only way to get riid of it is by rebooting. if I try another dm, I get a bind to port error that locks up my comp. so maybe you can see why its a little frustrating, railgunner

Usually the bind to port error means a copy of zdaemon or ide is already running, can you try ctrl-alt-del to see if any are running and shut it down?

fodders said:

Usually the bind to port error means a copy of zdaemon or ide is already running, can you try ctrl-alt-del to see if any are running and shut it down?

yeah the old alt-ctrl-del don't work. I once waited 20 minutes for at least some dialog box to pop up, but none did. it actually locked up my comp when I tried this morning. but no matter, I'm still sticking it out. I got two dms in today without getting the bind-to-port error.

oh yeah, csdoom gives me the same error. tried it last night for the first time.