Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've been playing a Source game called The Ship which, well, has you murdering other passengers without getting caught by the crew. It got me wondering if there are any maps set on boats. Trains also - I know of nj_train of course, and another I can't remember the name to (It used the same scrolling/train movement technique, but it didn't actually seem to have a level ending, must have been a DM map)

MAP04 of Epic is a rather hectic train map you might enjoy. Can't think of any decent boat ones though.

E1M4 of Phobos: Anomaly Reborn is another train map, on the wiki it says Epic's Map 04 is derived from this. There are a couple of maps with boats in Pirate Doom, although my personal favourite use of boats in Doom is the last map of BTSX E1 and first map of BTSX E2.

The only thing that comes to mind is ZBlood, with MAP10: Phantom Express (Train level) and MAP21: Steamboat Willies (Boat level).

The first maps of both Batman Doom TC and TVR! involve riding trains.

Sorry to hijack this thread, but I wanted to ask a quick question.
How are train maps made?

Zulk-RS said:

Sorry to hijack this thread, but I wanted to ask a quick question.
How are train maps made?

In the case of TVR!, the textures are animated to give the facsimile of the train moving. In Epic's case the walls and floor outside the train scroll, which is a bit more believable.

I believe one of the Hadephobia maps has a few sections on ships, although the whole map itself is not contained solely on board, but also in the docks and surrounding area.

- MAP02 of The Twilight Zone 2 has an underground train.
- MAP32 of bella.wad is set on a moving train.
- The Great Urban Battle starts on an underground train.

When I used to play on Zdaemon servers there was a wad with a silver train map that had multiple trains, on map 02. Sadly I can't remember the name of the wad, I've been looking for a while.

kraflab said:

I believe one of the Hadephobia maps has a few sections on ships, although the whole map itself is not contained solely on board, but also in the docks and surrounding area.

MAP05 is the level you're describing. MAP06 is set entirely on board a ship.

Pretty sure there's a train or car in 10sectors.

There are maps with subways in Hacx (MAP01), Urban Brawl (MAP04), and Chex Quest 3 (E3M2).

There's a boat in Khorus MAP05, though it's a pretty minor part of the map.

Fragport has several maps with boats and/or trains, though the trains are stationary. There's even a spaceship or two, if they count as boats.

MAP03 OF my1024.wad is sets into a little boat...

I'm almost sure to made also something with trains involved, but i don't remember them now... [/shamelesselfpromotion]

Some of the best boat action can be found in Action Doom.

Also boxslug.

After reading this thread, I spent the last two days trying to find a mod (for Doom, of course) which recreated an Unreal Tournament Assault map (High Speed), but after looking basically everywhere without success, I'm beginning to wonder if it was real or it's just my imagination.

Anyone remembers this?

PS: I didn't posted this in the "trying to find a WAD" thread because 1)as I said, I'm not sure I'm right, and 2)it seems to be more relevant here.